Quantcast

I love the dentist...

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
So. As a result of my minor fall at Mammoth I broke one of my rear molars in half. After one month of suffering this awesome pain(breaking my necka and my back didn't hurt this bad-although traction did)I get to go in to the dentist and mind you he is a great dentist and I trust him with my life, that being said, he tells me "you cracked this thing in half and some of your gum has grown over it in the meanwhile." OUch. "I'll have to remove that and grind your tooth down to fit the crown onto it." He shoots me up with the regular needle and then proceeds to blow compressed air on my tooth to see if it's still sensitive. My tears assured him that it was not numb. So then he breaks out the real needle. The one that can penetrate directly into the tooth and down into the gums at the nerve level. Six shots later he tries again. Tears. " O.k. this is going to be like that huh?" he says. Another six shots with the devils needle and I'm numb enough to work on. Fourty minutes later he informs me that in fourty years of practice that was one of the hardest things he ever had to do. Oh, and that I might still lose the tooth because it was so damaged. I tell you, the joy of trying to drink with a half numb mouth will always exist. Hilarious. :drool: Dribbling drool monster. :drool: I leave the office with my temporary and a 500 dollar bill only to enjoi the pain of the novacaine wearing off. I have been off of the meds the doctors gave me for my back since I left the hospital...I used them today. Thankful for the narcotic woosiness they bring. Ouch. :nopity:

splat

Nam I am
WHile it may sound tough at teh time , crowns are easy !

Try an Implant , I had this done yesterday !

drilled a Pilot hole into the Bone ! ( let me tell you those novacane shots were DEEP ! and Hurt ! ) then screwed in the implant , now I have to wait 6 months for the bone to heal .
and that was asfter 6 months ago they pulled the tooth and did a bone grarft.

Yeah dentists , Lots of Fun and expensive too!

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
I just had my front top teeth done. Yeah it sucked but i paid $900 a piece for my crowns, but now I can smile again.

(note to self wear a full face helmet from now on)

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
splat said:
WHile it may sound tough at teh time , crowns are easy !

Try an Implant , I had this done yesterday !

drilled a Pilot hole into the Bone ! ( let me tell you those novacane shots were DEEP ! and Hurt ! ) then screwed in the implant , now I have to wait 6 months for the bone to heal .
and that was asfter 6 months ago they pulled the tooth and did a bone grarft.
OW! OW! OW! OW! oh gosh, ow owowowowoowow. Dang MAng!!! That's...that's...dang man. Hrash little daddy. Good luck with that brutha. That is absolutley crazy. Yeah, that needle/thing that he used to injest the bone/tooth is scary looking.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
beestiboy said:
I just had my front top teeth done. Yeah it sucked but i paid $900 a piece for my crowns, but now I can smile again.

(note to self wear a full face helmet from now on)

Correction: Wear a Moto fullface-I was wearing the Bellistic and it did not help one bit. Actually may have done more damage; my lower jaw flesh was ripped away from the mandible (lower jaw bone) from the left rear molar all the way to the front right canine, by the helmet. Go moto.