Quantcast

I made my spring break plans yesterday

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
I'm going to Austin, Texas, for a few days to visit my roommate for his 21st birthday. We're basically gonna be hanging out on his multi-million dollar luxury houseboat, driving waverunners all day, joyriding in his dad's Corvette, and then getting drunk on very expensive alcohol with his parents at night.

So my question to you Monkeys is... what else is there to do in/around Austin? I won't have a bikey with me and I won't be 21 until later this year, but do you guys have any suggestions in case I get the urge to leave my roommate's floating mansion? Thanks.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Ride the 9th Street trails and the 9 million skate parks near by. Go hang out at TerribleOne's headquarters. Check out the rad music scene. Oh, and tell all the girls you meet that you ride BMX. Austin is the official capital of the BMX world, and all the girls in Austin love BMXers.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
dexterq20 said:
I'm going to Austin, Texas, for a few days to visit my roommate for his 21st birthday. We're basically gonna be hanging out on his multi-million dollar luxury houseboat, driving waverunners all day, joyriding in his dad's Corvette, and then getting drunk on very expensive alcohol with his parents at night.

So my question to you Monkeys is... what else is there to do in/around Austin? I won't have a bikey with me and I won't be 21 until later this year, but do you guys have any suggestions in case I get the urge to leave my roommate's floating mansion? Thanks.
D'oh you said no bike.

I wouldnt leave the mansion.

J

JRB

If you can ride a big kind of trail bike, bring some shoes. I can hook you up with a bike. The possibilities are endless in Austin. What dates??? Dwight Yoakam's rockin' the county show in on like March 17th.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
loco said:
If you can ride a big kind of trail bike, bring some shoes. I can hook you up with a bike. The possibilities are endless in Austin. What dates???
Arrive late on March 31, leave late on April 3. Probably not gonna be able to ride a bikey though, since it's a rather short visit. It'd be also kinda weird to show up, meet my roommate's family, then be like "Hey I'm gonna go meet up with an Internet stranger and ride his bike, see you guys later!" Thanks for the offer though.

loco said:
Dwight Yoakam's rockin' the county show in on like March 17th.
Yuck. :looney:

J

JRB

dexterq20 said:
Arrive late on March 31, leave late on April 3. Probably not gonna be able to ride a bikey though, since it's a rather short visit. It'd be also kinda weird to show up, meet my roommate's family, then be like "Hey I'm gonna go meet up with an Internet stranger and ride his bike, see you guys later!" Thanks for the offer though.

Yuck. :looney:
I wasn't hitting on you, and Dwight Yoakam kicks ass. If you were 21, I would drive down and buy you a beer.

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
loco said:
I wasn't hitting on you...
Oh I know, I didn't think you were. My point was simply that the purpose of my visit is to hang with my friend and his family to celebrate his 21st birthday, not to ditch them and go ride bikes.

loco said:
...and Dwight Yoakam kicks ass.
You keep telling yourself that... :wonky2:

loco said:
If you were 21, I would drive down and buy you a beer.
Gracias. Perhaps at a later date.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
dexterq20 said:

This boy could grow up to be president!

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
stinkyboy said:
This boy could grow up to be president!
Since he's rich and he's from Texas, we always make fun of him and tell people that his dad is an oil tycoon. It really pisses him off, so therefore it's funny.