Quantcast

I made something bike related in school, check it out

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
right on man, I am working with a student right now who wants to etch or sandblast a piece of glass for the doors of a cabinet he made in woods class.:thumb: good job and well done!

how many resists did you use and what did you use for a resist? rubber or vinyl?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
brungeman said:
right on man, I am working with a student right now who wants to etch or sandblast a piece of glass for the doors of a cabinet he made in woods class.:thumb: good job and well done!

how many resists did you use and what did you use for a resist? rubber or vinyl?
I used 1 resist and it's a rubber called butter cut, to get the effect you jest peal it off in layers. The vinyl is O.K. but it might not have worked for blasting that deap, and as well it doesn't cut out as well as butter cut, the vinyl jest wants to go in a line and anything curved is hard to cut out.

J

JRB

It looks nice. I for one am relieved to see that Montashu at least has a vocational skill. Heaven knows he's not made for an office. :D

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
TheMontashu said:
because glass that is 5/8ths thick is about imposable to get to break well.
Take it to a waterjet shop and have them square it up for you.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
loco said:
It looks nice. I for one am relieved to see that Montashu at least has a vocational skill. Heaven knows he's not made for an office. :D
This stuff doesnt take that much skill, making glass beads and blowing glass is the real hard stuff, to bad the glory hole for blowing at school is busted, as well my beads are to small to get good pictures of.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
TheMontashu said:
This stuff doesnt take that much skill, making glass beads and blowing glass is the real hard stuff, to bad the glory hole for blowing at school is busted, as well my beads are to small to get good pictures of.
For some reason, the term "glory hole" always makes me giggle...:rofl: