Quantcast

I may be in love [again, sigh....]!

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
They're basically a modern version of the portable 'ovens' used by Napoleon and later, the Légion étrangère - which means, they're a well-developed technology. I just haven't seen anything about them until now...

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
They're basically a modern version of the portable 'ovens' used by Napoleon and later, the Légion étrangère - which means, they're a well-developed technology. I just haven't seen anything about them until now...
They go even further back, they are based on the Japanese Kamodo (sp?) from like 3,000 years ago.

(Holy crap I'm a geek.)

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
They go even further back, they are based on the Japanese Kamodo (sp?) from like 3,000 years ago.

(Holy crap I'm a geek.)
yes, you are, but i love that about you.

fact is - it's a modern version of the oldest 'ovens' in known history.

Nineveh, anyone? How 'bout Ur?

but the fact is... portable and and currently available, that's my issue.

my dad scored one at a yard sale for 10$ last year. he has a "no bar-b-q left behind policy", and he has eight of them lined up in the back yard. Three smokers, two round webbers, a round webber set into a work table with an electric starter, the egg, a big ass natural gas webber that we had plumbed in, and a webber Q portable bbq. The egg is pretty cool, but doesnt get used too often. We did a pork butt on it last summer I think.