Quantcast

I may be in trouble.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
:thumb:

Wish Nikon would update the 80-400 with a good AF motor - the 100-400 looks like a sweet lens.

Color it black with a Sharpie and tell her you always had the lens :D

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Where'd you get it? I've been wanting a zoom lens for quite some time now and I look on ebay from time to time but can never decide.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
You're 'posed to take pics of ducks. DUCKS! Nice.

I want one of those but really don't have a use for one. Been thinking about a 1.4x instead for the 70-200.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Where'd you get it? I've been wanting a zoom lens for quite some time now and I look on ebay from time to time but can never decide.
I got it on ebay
She knows what lenses I own.

I guess I'm going to have to sell some lenses to offset this purchase.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
She knows what lenses I own.
Well, that's your problem then.

You need to start buying and selling lenses, constantly turning over your inventory so she's confused and never knows how many or what lenses you have any any given time.

I'm trying to figure out a way to acquire a 500mm f/4 without Jenn noticing. Do you think she'd believe me if I told her that my 300mm f/4 is just getting bigger with age?

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
NICE! Derek wants a zoom lens and I'm trying to hold him off temporarily. Them thangs ain't cheap!

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio

Wish Nikon would update the 80-400 with a good AF motor - the 100-400 looks like a sweet lens.

Sweet lens Quo! How far were you on some of those?

I have been looking at the same 80-400. I want to trade my 18-55 VR & 55-200 VR for the 18-200 VR & 200-400 f/4 VR. I need to find another job...

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
:drool:

Big lens, though. I think if I went that big/expensive I'd just jump right to the exotic telephotos (500mm f/4, 600mm f/4).
I'm not sure what I'd do with a 600mm. Can you see the space station with it? That might be cool.

I was watching the last UFC fight and there are photographers leaning on the edge of the ring taking pictures with these huge white lenses. I don't understand, couldn't you do that with a 55mm?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I'm not sure what I'd do with a 600mm. Can you see the space station with it? That might be cool.
You'd probably be surprised how quick that 600mm gets used up. I just posted this in the D700 thread in the Computer forum, it's shot at about 500mm (300mm + 1.7x teleconverter):

That's a big bird, too, AND that's a crop of the original image. I'm thinking I'll just save up for a 1200mm f/5.6 and be done with it :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Not sure about you but it would take me the rest of my life to save up for that lens...
I'm not worried about saving up for the lens.

I'm worried about saving up for the lifetime of back surgeries after trying to carry it anywhere. A team of Sherpas (Sherpa? What's the plural of Sherpa anyway?) would probably scare off the birds.

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
I want one of these:

It's only about $80,000. I think i could swing it
edit: Canon should have called it the BFL-1200-5.6f (...guess they never played doom)

Last time I checked wikipedia, it's only about $99'000 and it's only made on request. It's so exclusive I think there is a list of the owners around somewhere...well I don't care, I will let you guys have it, just give me the boxes behind that chinese dude and I'll be happy:cupidarrow:

On a personal note: I've started saving for the 28-300 3.5-4.6L. Is it worth it?

On topic: congratulations on that purchase! :biggrin:Are you on flickr?

Last edited:

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
On a personal note: I've started saving for the 28-300 3.5-4.6L. Is it worth it?

On topic: congratulations on that purchase! :biggrin:Are you on flickr?
I've got a 28-300 Tamron. I like the range, but the pictures weren't usually very sharp. I thought it was me, until I put this lens on my camera.

Yes, I'm on flickr. Guess what my user name is.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Last time I checked wikipedia, it's only about $99'000 and it's only made on request. It's so exclusive I think there is a list of the owners around somewhere...
I think Canon made twelve...Sports Illustrated has two, and i think Hustler owns the rest.