I might be riding tonight...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Yes. Yes you should.

Yes, but I cannot for the following reasons:

-Physical therapy tonight.
-Lack of bike. Unless I was going to shred the gnar with my cx bike and crappy light.
-Also, I still haven't been cleared to ride yet.

Next month hopefully. I should also hopefully have my new ride ordered by mid next month.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
neither one of you two should be cleared to ride yet
Hey jackass......you ever get my text message about riding today?

Was thinking about getting an Auburn shuttle going for next Monday or an Auburn trail ride. Most likely starting 0930ish....what do ya think??

I can't do Tuesday as I have no babysitter for lil man....

I'll text Takahashi about it as well...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
You shouldn't be cleared to do anything but give me my jersey back, ya' redneck. :busted:

P.S. Josh! How much longer in P.T. until you can come out and do a light XC/AM ride with us? :monkeydance:
Oh Snap! Someone just got told.

I believe I have all of next month 2 days a week and I should be done. I am going to ask at tonights session. I will be riding xc/am/cx/light dh VERY soon. =]

cough - ordering new bike tomorrow - cough

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Good to here you will be back on the bike again there Heckler,I remember how i felt after my foot surgery.So did you sell your SWD on ebay then?Maybe we will try another early morn DH run in the new year,this time I will be in the right place haha.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Damn, well I should be riding again (hopefully) next week. I was cleared last night my by physical therapist to ride again! He told me to take it easy (which I will be doing). He said, riding isn't the problem, but if I were to crash there is a chance I would be back to square one. So I will be sticking to xc/am/cx for a while to build my cardio and control up again before getting back into shedding the gnar. =]

Bummed I missed out on another awesome ride. But I will be back. =]

GiantRider - A friend of mine ended up finding a buyer for me. One of his buddies needed a bike so it worked out perfectly. I got a little less than I wanted, but now that my medical bills are squared away I can finally spend a little extra to get my new ride. Early morning rides and night rides here I come. =]

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Josh: Get a trail bike, man. Something about 5" of travel, steep angles for good mobility and agility through technical single-track.

Slap on some clipless pedals, and come ride Demo with us! :-)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
heh I am getting something with about 5 inches of travel. Working on the details of it right now. Should have it ordered tomorrow I think. Hopefully have it by next week if all goes as planned. Flats only. Except on my cx bike. =]

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
One day, I'll get you to AM or even DH/FR with clips.

It's a wonderful thing... I tell ya'.
Haha thats alright. I really like being able to adjust my footing at all times. Especially while doing dh/fr. =] I did one of the cccx races clipped in. I was too freaked out to go fast. That and it was my first time riding my friends blur 4x.

Hopefully have it ordered today. Just waiting to hear back on some custom stuff they are doing for me. =]

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha I will for sure as soon as I get it. I should have the bike early next week for sure now. I might still be waiting on a couple parts though.

mmm new bike...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Aww man. I should have my bike sometime this week. I am bummed I wont be able to make the 4th. But soon. Very soon. =]

Brian - nice work on the cccx series so far. Killing it in overall points.

Mike - I will let you know as soon as I have my bike together and we will ride.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Josh, I expect nothing less.

It's time to get you back out on the trail and get you dirty, my man.
Went for my first ride since the surgery on my lunch today. My normal 8 mile ride I normally did in ~25 minutes. 33 minutes later (and also almost throwing up a couple times) I was back alive and well. Super excited to be back and having no guff from the shoulder.

Cannot freaking wait to be back to 'normal' and also on my new ride.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Haha... but Normal for you = you dropping 10-foot things on 2.7" tires.

You're gonna' have to get used to getting jarred on a 5 or 6" bike, wiht 2.3's.

;-)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha... but Normal for you = you dropping 10-foot things on 2.7" tires.

You're gonna' have to get used to getting jarred on a 5 or 6" bike, wiht 2.3's.

;-)
Heh, I started doing all of that stuff on my Heckler in the beginning. I will be back to shredding the gnar in no time. haha well maybe not so much gnar. I am just happy to be able to ride again.

:rockout:

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Agreed, man. It'll be nice to get you back on the trails again.

By-the-way... when should we do Los Gatos MEATS again?
Yeah lets do it some time this week for sure. Let me know what day works best for you. Then we can start a thread and try to get other local monkey's to join us.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I was thinking early next week.

I can't do tomorrow because I've got some wedding photo stuff to handle, and Thursday/Friday the boss is back in town.

Can we do Monday or Wednesday of next week?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
You guys missed the most ballsy-tastic, scrumtrulescent ride of my life last night.

Nothing says cojones like riding a trail faster at night than I ever have during the day.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Jealous about the ride man. Sounds like it was a blast from the PM you sent me.

I think next week I should be riding with you guys...

Also lets shoot for Wednesday next week for Los Gatos Meats.

Oh yeah...

My new toy arrived this morning... =]