Quantcast

I miss my cat Saturday GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mentioned it in yesterday's thread. My cat died in my arms earlier while I was driving her to the vet. Now I can't sleep because I have a splitting headache. According to Wifey, apparently crying does that and since I never cry, I was not aware of this. Plus I need to explain to Haley in 6 hours where Kitty is and why she didn't come back with me. And I need to keep it together when I do it.

Fuck this. I just want my annoying little Kitty who tries to lay on my head and smother me while I'm sleeping, and claws my chest when I'm watching tv back. This weekend sucks.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Sorry to hear of your loss. I have an anoying kitty myself and dread the day when I am not woken up at 6:00am to go feed him. Hang in there,

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Sorry to hear about your cat, Stoney. :( I've got two 15 year old felines...their time is coming.

I ran 10 miles early this morning. I'm tired. Headed to Maine for a wedding tonight.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
At swim with Haley right now. She has her splash and dash tri next Saturday and wanted today to get ready for the race - all her, I've just been telling her day-of plans.

She's decided to swim back, as it's her fastest stroke, and told her instructor as much. Only back today, because she needs to go fast to win. While she was at home yesterday, she also apparently planned for us to go ride and run the course today, which is what I do.

I've reiterated that there are no places for this race, but she doesn't care, she's going to win. Wifey told her that if she gets tired, she can walk. Haley's response: you can't stop if you want to win. I think we watch too much racing of all forms. :D

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Sorry to hear, Stoney. I still miss my cheeky old cat buddy ten months later, despite having two furballs of mischief making me company now. Save another kitty, it won't replace the old one but will make the void easier to deal with.

I feel like isht today with a headache and flu like symptoms. Wifey has had that feeling for the past two days, I wonder if it's phase N+1 of our ongoing health inconvenience. I haven't stopped coughing out nasty green buggers since my flu in April, and cannot get into shape despite riding and exercising almost every day. #2017sucksdonkeyballs

Now house chores, another round of garage door painting, lawn care, ... got enough to keep me busy through the weekend.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well shit, sorry to hear that Stoney. :stupid:. You now have the opportunity to rescue another. He/she won't be the same, but they all have their little personality quirks that make them tremendous and unique.

Good morning all. Stayed up way too late last night and I have no idea what's on the agenda today. Probably gonna be a hike with the wife and dogs. I'll bring a raincoat.

And thanks for the tip @Nick. I have some 5.10 Freeriders arriving mid next week. Wanna ride or grab a beer Thursday evening? Don't think I've seen you like all year.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Going to a music fest for the rest of the day...

This shit is a cashless event, do you have to register a wristband first and then add money to wristband. How annoying. Even as a tech need this seems dumb. Why can't I just pay for beer with some good ole cash.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Going to a music fest for the rest of the day...

This shit is a cashless event, do you have to register a wristband first and then add money to wristband. How annoying. Even as a tech need this seems dumb. Why can't I just pay for beer with some good ole cash.
better idea.....put mp3 player on shuffle...hook up to stereo...turn up...get drunk.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Rode some new to me trails. Definitely the best riding I've found within 45 minutes. Seems like a semi secret spot, trails are pretty raw and not packed down. Finally something I need more than a semi slick rear tire. More trails to explore there too.

Now this
IMG_20170729_153915.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
such a fun morning...not really... took the Mercedes in for the required transfer of ownership smog check..passed. then drove over to AAA to do the registration (way faster than DMV which is not open on Saturdays) stood in line for 20 minutes no the car is in my name, Called USAA and got it put on our car insurance. Went to the barn and helped the wife for a bit. Home then drove the 03 F350 over for its every 2 year smog check, it passed. Now the fun starts. Coals are going and I am about to toss a rack of ribs and some chicken breasts on. Beer is chilled and salad is getting fixed.

Deciding whether to ride or kayak tomorrow

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sorry to hear, Stoney. I still miss my cheeky old cat buddy ten months later, despite having two furballs of mischief making me company now. Save another kitty, it won't replace the old one but will make the void easier to deal with.
Thanks guys. With rd. 2 on the way already, there is no way we can bring on another entity into the house. I'm sure in the future we'll have more animals beyond Layla, but for now it's just her.

Off to the Audi dealer... going to drive around an A4 2.0 to see just how slow it feels. I'm really thinking about swapping out the M and basically posting the Forester onto Turo as a revenue car - just break even on my normal registration, maintenance, and insurance will be enough to keep it alive as a visiting family and eventually Haley's car.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Thanks guys. With rd. 2 on the way already, there is no way we can bring on another entity into the house. I'm sure in the future we'll have more animals beyond Layla, but for now it's just her.

Off to the Audi dealer... going to drive around an A4 2.0 to see just how slow it feels. I'm really thinking about swapping out the M and basically posting the Forester onto Turo as a revenue car - just break even on my normal registration, maintenance, and insurance will be enough to keep it alive as a visiting family and eventually Haley's car.

Dude, get a new cat, not a new car.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
@stoney - sorry to hear. hope breaking the news went OK. perhaps i can fill that void with an offer of one of my boys? u pick - 7yo or 12yo. or both. you could always take both.

12yo got his blue belt in rex kwon do today. wife is slowly slowly recovering. began thinking i might be able to squeeze in at least a local ride next week. way behind on work stuff. i need to sit down tonight or tomorrow and make a big list and schedule for myself.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Where has the day gone? Spent it all working around the house and yard, then went for a short-ish ride but sketchy lines and (for me) sizeable drops were dropped. I need to find a reliable riding buddy for hitting bigger stuff. Now Thai food and a girlie drink.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
2.5 hours in pool and hot tub with the family. Then lunch on the beach. Kids are excited about new Hello Kitty socks. One more night here, then a day living out of the minivan after checking out, then a Sunday to Monday red eye home, thankfully non-stop at least.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dude, get a new cat, not a new car.
Nah. Two seats and a dog don't fit in the sedan. I need to get all domesticated and shit. A4/Allroad too small. 3-series wagon and v60 shockingly fit, but tight. E400 is baller beyond us and the V90 is sex. Both too rich though.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Bicycles were ridden between the rain showers, fun was had.

Wasp nest was killed with fire.

Not bad (apart from work continuing to impinge on my life constantly).

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
If I can manage a night's rest that doesn't end in back pain (great way to start the day, btw), I'm going to ride a bike tomorrow. On dirt. In the woods. Away from the other humans.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

Stonette JR is going to need something a little more sporty...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Stonette JR is going to need something a little more sporty...
I learned today that a Volvo V60 R-Design can be factory tuned by Polestar, bringing it up to stupid levels. Not M stupid, but still stupid. I marginally fit into a 3-series wagon, but a Dinan stage 2 tune on the M Sport package goes vroom. The E400 is stupid fast and far too classy for me. The A4/All-Road is surprisingly too short for a seat behind me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nah. Two seats and a dog don't fit in the sedan. I need to get all domesticated and shit. A4/Allroad too small. 3-series wagon and v60 shockingly fit, but tight. E400 is baller beyond us and the V90 is sex. Both too rich though.
This is why you have that Infiniti Pathfinder-esque thing already.