Quantcast

I miss you PNW!

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
So, I had to relocate to SoCal to go to school... OH MAN do I miss the PNW riding scene. The Forests, the soft moist dirt, deadfall, roots, cool air... and especially the friendly riding community. Thats not to say there arent friendly people here in SoCal, but there sure are a lot more big-headed assholes on the trails. And the heat here... Is bloody awfull. No trees for shelter from the sun... Cruising around in full body armour bemomes quite gross. Like the worst days of hot weather in Eastern Wa durring the summer... all year round. The one upside is the year-round riding season... but that doesnt come close to making up for it. Anyway, just thought I'd remind you guys to APPRECIATE the community, and environment you all have of in the left corner there... Because i sure do now! :cheers:

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
I love the PNW. Even if it rains alot, it's what makes all the greenery and gives us lots of stuff to play on. I would hate that kind of hot weather and then miles of open, non-forested land. Only good for an occasional vacation.

I never take it for granted. I am always passing by green belt areas and just staring at them, seeing a line down them, and marveling at how beautiful they are and how wonderful it is that we get the opportunity to bike in those kinds of wood pretty much all year round.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Amen, that. I don't think I'd ever consider leaving this area - at least while I'm riding. There are other good areas for riding, but not quite as complete as ours.

Thanks for the reminder! I know some of the locals probably don't realize just how good they have it.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
yeah living in tri-cities for the past 5 years has definitely made me appreciate the wet side of the mountains. good thing I'm going to UW this september! (sucks for you charlie muahaha)

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
It's funny, but you'll notice you miss the rain, mud, slick moss, etc. I was in DC for two years. There's nothing like PNW terrain and conditions.

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
I definitly miss the rain. I really dont like the muggy, hot weather here... or the black boogs you get from riding. :( Forrest > desert X1000