Quantcast

I need a bigger monitor. Maybe two.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey's= France. Notice all the way on the right hand side of the pic that pointy object that is lit, that is the Eiffel Tower. Hence forth Paris, France.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
sessions said:
that a really sick pic where is it?
hahahahaha. Thats Notre Dame.

Nice shot as always Pete.

On a side note, I was comparing Paris and NYC during my ride earlier. Paris has had a violent decade.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
1) looks likea building right next to the Notre Dame or the roof of one of its outbuildings?

2) Massive DOF by stopping the lens down. Getting the exposure just right for the stitching, while capturing detail and minimising blown highlights must have been tricky.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Might be at the hyperfocal distance for the lens, too.

I'm sure that was quite a tricky exposure, I wonder how many shots it took to get everything just right?

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
justsomeguy said:
1) looks likea building right next to the Notre Dame or the roof of one of its outbuildings?

2) Massive DOF by stopping the lens down. Getting the exposure just right for the stitching, while capturing detail and minimising blown highlights must have been tricky.
I'm guessing they used a rotating slit panoramic camera for the shot.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
thats either the best stitching job i have ever seen or it is a panoramic rotating camera on top of a building.

either way what a badass shot.