Quantcast

I need a fork!

ant0n

Chimp
Dec 27, 2004
Hello!

I´m a dirt-jumper who needs a new fork, the maximum price is 370$ :( ..
I´ve looked out for the Stance Static fork, do someone here knows how the fork works and can describe how it feels?
Give me suggestions of other forks that you recomend!

//Anton

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I have the 80mm stance. Its nice, the top half of the travel its fairly smooth, the bottom half is very stiff. Its not as smooth as the sherman jumper, but its less than half the price. If you are planning on just dirt jumping its a good choice. I took it trail riding, and I felt like I was riding a rigid!.. for jumps its perfect. It doesn't suck up the lips, and works well if you over clear a landing.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
i just bought a dj3 and it feels really nice it could be cause im going from a judy c lol but i mean i really like it and everyone else that has tried it so far likes it they can be found for a little less then 300 also... the pike its about 380 i think and everyone has been saying how nice it is check them out also the dj2 im not sure how much it is but it should be really nice

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Check out the stance flow or static. The flow has more adj. with it and it is super nice. IF you can find a Fox Fork for under $400 get it, alot of those are good all around forks, no matter which one you get. The DJ3 is really nice for the price. You get a good fork with air assist so you can make it stiff to your liking. Good luck.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I would recommend a Zoke DJ'er. Foxes aren't really stiff enough for strictly dirt jumping, although they are great XC/trail/mountain-cross forks.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
If you're interested in a 4" Fox Vanilla coilover, shoot me a PM...