Quantcast

I need a good 2.2 tire

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
race tire? all-around? mud tire?

Conti Verticals are good all-around tires... they are 2.3s, though they run small.

I've got Panaracer Cinders (2.2s) on my bike now... good first impression, but I'll know more tomorrow.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Rob what you need is a nice set of grips before you get anything else....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
robdamanii said:
Jack****s are in the mail.

Edit: RM censors the name of my damn grips? :mumble:
Stop being coy and tell me what kind of grips you got?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
robdamanii said:
Riding primarily XC.
Not what I meant - terrain being a more important indicator. I ride loose, rocky, dusty, cobbly Colorado crap for the most part, along with nice loamy singletrack and the occasional rock garden for fun. All XC. The ZMax has been my tire of choice since ~98 or so.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
SkaredShtles said:
Not what I meant - terrain being a more important indicator. I ride loose, rocky, dusty, cobbly Colorado crap for the most part, along with nice loamy singletrack and the occasional rock garden for fun. All XC. The ZMax has been my tire of choice since ~98 or so.
Ahh, gotcha. Usually root filled, dusty hardpack with occasional rock gardens and such.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
robdamanii said:
Holy thread resurrection batman.

I've settled on a tire that has some beefy side knobs to give me the ability to lean into turns better.

Any suggestions on that? I'm look at Kenda Kinetics currently.

Blue grooves and Nevegals are light years ahead of Kenetics when it comes to traction and turing but Kentics do roll faster...if you weren't so far away I have sets of all 3...you could just test ride them. I think you should go with Nevegals or BG's....D