Quantcast

I need a new fork for my SL...anyone know much about the Fox F100X?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
IMO any 100mm Fox is a excellent choice for the superlight. They don't make one in pink for you though.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Westy said:
IMO any 100mm Fox is a excellent choice for the superlight. They don't make one in pink for you though.

That's A-OK...this is my stealth bike...everything is black, except of course, the hubs and headset which you already know are pink...and the tiger striped saddle...the xc bike has to look tough...the dh bike has to look girly...it's just how it must be. I kinda like the idea of this Terralogic business...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
That's A-OK...this is my stealth bike...everything is black, except of course, the hubs and headset which you already know are pink...and the tiger striped saddle...the xc bike has to look tough...the dh bike has to look girly...it's just how it must be. I kinda like the idea of this Terralogic business...
RLC RLC RLC!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
Wow...thank you...never thought of that stuff they're talking about regarding the terralogic business...perhaps I should start thinking about the RLT instead. I just need a new fork asap.
What happened to the old one.

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909
Westy said:
I forgot that the 100X was the Terralogic version, I thought it was the lighter version. Anyway a Float RLC has so many cool adjustments you can tune it to be so smooth and bob free I don't see the point to the terralogic crap anyway.

The 100x uses a lighter chassis than the Float. The RLT(which you were probably thinking of), is like 3.3ish, and is only different from the X in the valving(which makes the X heavier. Teralogic is cool stuff, but I've heard peopoe can 'confuse' the brain and it gets kinda screwy on rough stuff.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
MtnbikeMike said:
The 100x uses a lighter chassis than the Float. The RLT(which you were probably thinking of), is like 3.3ish, and is only different from the X in the valving(which makes the X heavier. Teralogic is cool stuff, but I've heard peopoe can 'confuse' the brain and it gets kinda screwy on rough stuff.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I don't need to confuse the damn forks brain...and I need alllll the help I can get climbing! :D

likeustoleit

Chimp
May 9, 2003
I just put a float R on my Fuel. It kicks major bootay! It is a 130 mm fork that you have to take apart and change to 100 mm.
Best fork I ever rode.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
For a Superlight I've got two votes.

Get a Fox Float 100mm (either an '04 RLC, or an RLT) and send it to Push industries to have them do their mod to it. Being a female (and thus lighter) than the average mountain biker (which the fork it tuned to from the factory) they will tune it to your weight and riding style/preference.

I've also heard the Fox RP3 shock that has the Push mod to it specifically for the Superlight is the snizzle.

If I had a Superlight (my best friend does and is doing these mods) that is what I would do.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
dh girlie said:
Does the lock out thing really work? I probably wouldn't bother with locking out my fork, but I remember when Marzocchi came out with a lock out fork like in 01 and the lockout mechanism broke a lot.

I have been beating the ever living snot out of a 2002 RL, the only time the lockout stopped working is when the damping oil was about a year overdue for a change. The fork has been extremely reliable, I now own 2 Fox Float forks and one Talas. :thumb:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
dh girlie said:
Oh my god. Get this fork! I have just put the new 80mm on my Burner and I love it :heart: I took it out last Saturday for it's first true trail ride and it performed wonderful. It's the Cannon of forks....just point and shoot. That fork has already saved my ass a few times on the trail :thumb:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Snacks said:
Oh my god. Get this fork! I have just put the new 80mm on my Burner and I love it :heart: I took it out last Saturday for it's first true trail ride and it performed wonderful. It's the Cannon of forks....just point and shoot. That fork has already saved my ass a few times on the trail :thumb:
Hmmm...so you like the terralogic...decisions, decisions...this IS after all coming from another chick...

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Westy said:
I have been beating the ever living snot out of a 2002 RL, the only time the lockout stopped working is when the damping oil was about a year overdue for a change. The fork has been extremely reliable, I now own 2 Fox Float forks and one Talas. :thumb:
How are you liking the Float I sold you?

Most definently a very plush fork, I really liked the one I had. If you want lighter weight, go with a 100RLT. The F100x Terralogic stuff can get confused, it might feel a bit whacky on a non-brain FS bike, and their reliability track record is spotty. Floats and RLTs are far more reliable.

I got a Reba to replace my Float, and it's not as plush, but other than that it's basically a much lighter Float RLC.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
blue said:
How are you liking the Float I sold you?

Most definently a very plush fork, I really liked the one I had. If you want lighter weight, go with a 100RLT. The F100x Terralogic stuff can get confused, it might feel a bit whacky on a non-brain FS bike, and their reliability track record is spotty. Floats and RLTs are far more reliable.

I got a Reba to replace my Float, and it's not as plush, but other than that it's basically a much lighter Float RLC.

So far so good. The steered was just barely long enough but it worked out. I had to get an adapter for my avid brakes so I just got the bike running over the weekend. If the weather is good this weekend it'll get a bit of a spanking.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
The Push mod from all the research I've done is much more reliable than the F100X with the "brain" - the Push mod effectivly adds "platform" dampening.

Clicky

[note: I'm not some Push industries "lacky", I've researched this and had more than a few friends get this mod done and they were (as well as myself) very impressed]

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
dh girlie said:
Hmmm...so you like the terralogic...decisions, decisions...this IS after all coming from another chick...
Yes, I dig it. I was a little wary of it at first because it’s so stiff, but on the climbs it's great and on the docents you don't even feel the fork working, it just does it’s thing. I had a SID World Cup on last year and thing was a noodle. I had no idea what was going to happen when I would ride that fork. The Fox is very predictable.

J

JRB

I use lockout every time it is smooth to go up. I like mine. Lockout on the POS Psylo that I rented at Flume Trail bikes was super nice going up that long ass fire road to the lake.

J

JRB

I rode Julie's Skareb Platinum and it was actually pretty nice. I bitched at first since it is a little more flexy than my Talas, but I liked it. Light and plush with SPV for those long ass fire road climbs. :thumb: