Quantcast

I need a new helmet.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I've farked my first helmet. Now I need a new one. Where's the best deal. Pricepoint disappoints me today. I require new suggestions.

Dance monkeys! Dance!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Please choose from one of the three following smartass choices :

1. LBS = Local Bike Shop

2. A new helmet is not the answer here.

Thank you for choosing AngryMetalsmith for your sarcasm needs.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
10 views and still nothing?! Some community this is... This is my head we're protecting here!

Beyond bikes had bubkis! Let's check jenson...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
If only my head were XS or XXL. There are some sweet deals to be had...

I can't believe people buy 500$ helmets. They are plumb loco.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
How long have you been riding? You've just broken your first helmet now? Pussy.
I too am surprised it's taken this long. But I like to protect my noggin with my limbs. They've taken most of the abuse so far. I'm already on my second set of knee/shin guards! Extreme!

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Cost affective :

Well, seeing how I'm all about style, that suggestion is what we call: "bush league". I mean come on! That doesn't even have a single energy drink logo! Neither a skull nor cross bones!

I'm torn between needing a camo or a flames motif. What do you all think?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I too am surprised it's taken this long. But I like to protect my noggin with my limbs. They've taken most of the abuse so far. I'm already on my second set of knee/shin guards! Extreme!
Good call on using the limbs to protect the head. I've broken three helmets. I'm overdue for another break. I usually buy one when it's getting time and something pops up on SAC/chainlove.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
assuming you want a dh helmet, 661 pro bravo carbons can be had for $100.

use this code at check out 2YZ-1-GFVPL should make it 50 percent off as well as everything else on that site. Free shipping too.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
assuming you want a dh helmet, 661 pro bravo carbons can be had for $100.

use this code at check out 2YZ-1-GFVPL should make it 50 percent off as well as everything else on that site. Free shipping too.
Giro Remedys can be found for $60.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Yes. A DH. I've seen the Giro Remedy, but not in my size just yet. I've liked my Pro Bravo so far, but I've seen the pro Bravo Carbon appear on Chainlove a couple times. My main gripe about the one I've had is that it's an oven on hot days...

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
In all seriousness, Giro Remedys are good bang for the buck. They tend to run small, though. I gots me one of the CF versions and it has held up well, despite some nice "across the gravel" face skids and 1 nice pointy rock to head impact at the Windham Nats this year. Good venting. After that, though, I am getting something new soon!

Personally, though, I am headed for a DOT helmet for next season. You only have 1 head (with a brain in it!!!). Good bang for the buck there seems to be the Rockgardn Black Light. Plus you get that whole "Star Wars Stormtrooper" look!

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
In 4 rides, I've had to replace something after each one. Good thing I'm not a cheap bastard, or I'd complain about it.