Quantcast

i need a Quote on this bike

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
take it to the buy/sell. Delete this post, as it is spam in the main forums.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
no doubt, that is a great looking bike but 2400.00? I am sure it is well worth it but I realistically don't see you getting that much out of it. Very few vp-frees are barely going for 2000.00 on ebay these days. But put it up and set a reserve, that way if you don't get the amount you are looking for you will not be obligated to sell it!

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
In my opinion, I think you should take off the rocco and the fork then replace them with the stock parts (if you still have them) and shoot for a sale value between 1200.00 and 1500.00. Ever since Santa cruz quit manufacturing the current Bullit we all know and love, their value has dropped tremendously. Unfortunately. It's is kinda like the Shiver fork. Even though it was one of the very best forks ever produced for mtn bikes, once the production quit the price of the Shiver dropped like noones business. You can find 04 and 05 shivers in top condition for around 400.00 now. Same thing with the Bullit.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
wood-dog said:
In my opinion, I think you should take off the rocco and the fork then replace them with the stock parts (if you still have them) and shoot for a sale value between 1200.00 and 1500.00. Ever since Santa cruz quit manufacturing the current Bullit we all know and love, their value has dropped tremendously. Unfortunately. It's is kinda like the Shiver fork. Even though it was one of the very best forks ever produced for mtn bikes, once the production quit the price of the Shiver dropped like noones business. You can find 04 and 05 shivers in top condition for around 400.00 now. Same thing with the Bullit.
ditto. the rocco & 66 are worth more to you than they are hung for sale on that frame.

PRELOADED

Chimp
Sep 15, 2002
Rhode Island, USA
I recently sold a Demo 8 with similar specks for $1750. I tried to get over $2000 - but that was the best I was able to get... No doubt - the dude got a smoken deal. And as a former Bullitt owner - I honestly feel the Demo has greater value and appeal...

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
nycurse said:
those are **** compare to my bullit.

im getting magura gustevs from my sponsor since i run the teams website and i will get azomic outlaws or some high end sun ringle wheelset.
good for you but it's still a used bike that you won't get that much for. FYI no one cares that your "sponsored"

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
nycurse said:
im getting magura gustevs from my sponsor since i run the teams website and i will get azomic outlaws or some high end sun ringle wheelset.
BFD. Do you want a cookie? You are not going to get much for a used frame that has been discontinued.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
Carbon Fetish said:
You are not going to get much for a used frame that has been discontinued.
That was the point I was trying to make to you earlier. Since you have all these, and soon to have more super-awsome parts and you want to make some cash then yank everything off the Bullit that has some current value and sell it all seperatly from the Bullit. That way, when/if you sell the Bullit you will have made more money. But if you are dead set on puttin decent and fairly high-end parts on the Bullit and selling it on Ebay..... let us know what you got for it. But at this point I guarantee that other monkeys will be watching ebay for your sale and will most likely razz the crap out of you for not getting squat for what everything is worth because of what the parts are on!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
nycurse said:
those are **** compare to my bullit.

is said "team" dyslexic?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
nycurse said:
thnaks guys your a bunch of help. i really enjoy your childish atitudes.
Aren't you the guy who runs around on bike forums screaming "LET ME PHOTOSHOP YOUR BIKE!!111onreoneone" or something?

I hope the team saw your prior work before letting you run their site... :think:

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Sounds like someone still has a emotional attachment to said bike and that is likely what is driving the asking price higher. It's been my experience that a used bike doesn't get what you "feel" it is worth. Do what you want, but you'll likely be disappointed if you expect to get $2400 for it.

nycurse

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
snowskilz said:
nobody hates you, we're just being honest.

now have a nice day
im just feeling a very negitive vibe from some. i know $2400 is a lot high then it will go for but thats not waht im talking about.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
hey, I have been trying to help you out all freakin' day. In the end I have razzed you a bit but when it comes down to it.... I am trying to just 'bottom line' it to you. Take the good parts and sell them separately from the frame. That way you will end up with more money in your pocket. Add it all with the frame and then try to sell it, good luck with the end results!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
You're going to get burned for posting a "how much is my bike worth" thread no matter what.

But, since we're on the topic, parting will usually net more cash, but it's more work, and you'll end up with crap you don't need if you have a few generic parts on your bikey.

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Stop your whining and listen what others, like wood-doog are telling you.

You posted a thread asking for opinions. People gave you their honest opinions with examples to back them up. You then decided to whine and rant because you dont like what others are telling you.

If you dont want to hear the truth (in other peoples eyes), DONT ASK FOR IT.

p.s. spell check!

offtheedge

Monkey
Aug 26, 2005
LB
dude, quit getting your feelings hurt that your schweeeet bike is worth a quarter of what you have in it.................just like the bikes 90% of all of us have in our garages.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
blue said:
You're going to get burned for posting a "how much is my bike worth" thread no matter what.

beat me to it. yes, the vibe might not be right, but the message is. even if all that stuff was brand new right out of the box you couldn't get more than 2 grand for it. parting it out would be much easier for you to get close to the value's you want.

as far as you're "sponsorship" is concerned... making a website for a team isn't exactly what i would define as a sponsorship, they're just compensating you with components instead of cash. not a damn thing wrong with it, just call it what it is. i'm not gonna call an angry tabby cat a cougar just cuz it sounds cooler, would you?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
haha another thing i just thought of. i have a 2001 specialized s-works dh w/ a newly rebuilt vanilla rc on it. I'm not even TRYING to sell it. I know I wouldn't get more than a hundo for it. And I'll second the shiver aspect. I have an '03 thats in great shape. Right now its sitting doing nothing. Its worth more to me as a spare DH fork than the $200 worth of replacement parts I could buy if i sold it.

PRELOADED

Chimp
Sep 15, 2002
Rhode Island, USA
My guess is that NYCURSE is a little upset 'cause the Yanks keep B-Slappin the Sox. It's been making me a little hyper sensative too. My guess is ...were the Sox to win a game or two - he would probably be able to take some of this qaulity advice to heart.. and would be able to enjoy this banter without taking things so darn personal.

It aint the vibe that's negative... its just the situation's not as bright as you thought...

Woolleyfooley

Monkey
Mar 12, 2006
warwick new york
i asked this guy if he was selling his fork cause i saw it on pinkbike and he says "you interupted my css game thanks alot..now what do you want..." then a few seconds later..."wow waste of my time" and he signed off.