Quantcast

I need a weather machine. (new england rant)

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
It been raining like crazy since friday. Im starting to wonder if the sun is up there or not. :think:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Westy said:
Yes, everyone move to Cali, please. I want the east to myowndamnself.
Nooooo! Sorry, California is full. We are at maximum capacity and if any more of you move here the fire marshal is going to shut us down. I'll tell ya what though, if anyone want's to take the governator you are welcome to him.

Nothing to see here, move along... move along. This is not the weather you are looking for....

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
McGRP01 said:
If we get lucky and everyone else does move to Cali, maybe it will break off and sink into the Pacific.
No because we're going to float... the rest of the country will sink. Why do you think we have so many air headed blondes out here. :p

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
narlus said:
this weather reminds me of ireland. :D
I'll be sure and let you know what the weather is like next week. We are leaving monday!!! And we are taking your suggestions under advisement. They helped a lot.

Basically it's going to be 17 days of GUINNESS!!!!!!!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Ciaran said:
I'll be sure and let you know what the weather is like next week. We are leaving monday!!! And we are taking your suggestions under advisement. They helped a lot.

Basically it's going to be 17 days of GUINNESS!!!!!!!!
Sláinte!

:thumb:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SkaredShtles said:
Woohoo! Ireland kicks A$$!! :thumb:
Oh yeah! I can't wait to leave. We rented an apartment in Dublin for the first 7 days, then we're renting a car (With insurance, Narlus!) and driving around Ireland for the next 9, ending up back in Dublin the day before we leave. I am going to drink so much Guinness! And Narlus gave us some good suggestions we're going to check out in addition to hitting the museums for the medieval and viking exhibits. This will be my first trip overseas so I am pretty stoked. If I can find a job in 17 days I ain't coming back! :p

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
dfinn said:
wait 5 mins, it will change. maybe.

edit: or do what I did and move to CA.
Ditto. You keep Vietnam, Case, and Plattekill. I'll ride China Camp, Rockville, and [unnamed illegal trails] this winter.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Ciaran said:
Oh yeah! I can't wait to leave. We rented an apartment in Dublin for the first 7 days, then we're renting a car (With insurance, Narlus!) and driving around Ireland for the next 9, ending up back in Dublin the day before we leave. I am going to drink so much Guinness! And Narlus gave us some good suggestions we're going to check out in addition to hitting the museums for the medieval and viking exhibits. This will be my first trip overseas so I am pretty stoked. If I can find a job in 17 days I ain't coming back! :p
Are you going to Galway? Go to Galway. Visit the Cliffs of Moher. :thumb:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
chicodude said:
The east coast?

Psh...Why would anyone wanna live on the east coast?

Plattekill, Diablo, SnowShow, Mt Snow, Killington, Rye Airfield, Down Town Boston, Reading Race, Nam... The list goes on. Of course, these places are only open when its not cold. :monkey;

Its funny, i spent the whole summer in Idaho, and the summer was great. Then i came back here, and my god it was hot and humid. The east coast really does have some crappy weather.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
mack said:
Plattekill, Diablo, SnowShow, Mt Snow, Killington, Rye Airfield, Down Town Boston, Reading Race, Nam... The list goes on. Of course, these places are only open when its not cold. :monkey;

Its funny, i spent the whole summer in Idaho, and the summer was great. Then i came back here, and my god it was hot and humid. The east coast really does have some crappy weather.
But the crappy weather makes you appreciate the good days so much more. I really didn't think that would be true until I spent a lot of time in Vermont. The first day of spring is a small miracle- people driving with their windows down, outside lounging around, riding without 3 shirts on...all in glorious 45 degree mud season weather. Helps you grow some hair on your chest.

Oh, and I'm with you on the Idaho thing. I spent this summer working in VT and last summer working for the Forest Service in Idaho. In ID it was hotter temp-wise...but Vermont felt sooooo much worse.

Going back to the point of this thread, though, what is this crappy weather you're talking about? Sure, it's wet and cool, but nothing is frozen or dying of heatstroke. If it can't kill you, I don't consider it that bad.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
mack said:

Stop re-railing your thread. We had a good derail going on there. :mumble: :p

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Go Oregon, good weather, lots of trails, and not that many people. Like Cali, only better.

You wouldn't like that....

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
SuzyCreamcheese said:
We're just having trouble finding a virgin for the sacrifice. :evil:

The Cheese
We use chickens and black candles out here in Cali. As you can see, it works. No reason to go wasting good virgins like that.