Quantcast

i need brakes bad and quickly!!!!!!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Hey biggins, I got some Deore Hydros that will work pretty well, dont want your frame though...but I'll trade them to you for something.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
iam running out of stuff to trade!!!!!!!!!!what are you interested in though?are they strong enough to stop me and a 40 pound bike?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i have a ton of fly tying stuff. everything you need tie just about any kind of fly.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
biggins said:
iam running out of stuff to trade!!!!!!!!!!what are you interested in though?are they strong enough to stop me and a 40 pound bike?
Yeah. I used them on my DH bike for a while, they worked fine. Just like Hayes essentially. Lots of trials guys use them.

Got a cheap fork lying around? Whats so bad about your frame that you want to trade it? Ill take it and sell it I guess.

J

JRB

biggins said:
i have a ton of fly tying stuff. everything you need tie just about any kind of fly.
Good idea - maybe he'll start tying flies and reading fish forums instead of posting links to dog threads. :rolleyes:

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
BurlyShirley said:
Hey biggins, I got some Deore Hydros that will work pretty well, dont want your frame though...but I'll trade them to you for something.

biggins said:

Maybe he wants that special trade? :think:

Shimano Deore Hydo's are well, uh Deore for a reason.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Maybe he wants that special trade? :think:

Shimano Deore Hydo's are well, uh Deore for a reason.
weight is about the only reason. Its the same design as a hayes. the caliper is almost identical, fella.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i got the new asx. my frame ypou could get a couple hundred bucks out of. i just dropped the price to 200 to try toi sell it today i was askin 300.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
biggins said:
i got the new asx. my frame ypou could get a couple hundred bucks out of. i just dropped the price to 200 to try toi sell it today i was askin 300.
anything wrong with it?

J

JRB

Why would someone ask if something is broken when they are trying to sell it in public??? If people always did this, bibs would have no one to screw??? ;)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
there is a small dent in the back of the seat stayish part and no chain guide bolt hangers anymore, also the upper shock bolt bushing needs to be replaced. other than that lots off scuffs from use. no major structural damage to the frame.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
binary visions said:
Yeah, that's what someone with no money wants to hear :p
yes indeed especially when one is refering to the most expensive brakes out there.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i owuld actually love to have something other than hayes though. i got a set of hayes from someone and the back one has never worked right, then i get a rear one from someone throw it on my new frame last night and it doesnt work right. im just fed up and i wanna ride. i have been riding my sgs with no back brake since may.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ben, the deores are yours if you want them, Im not sure they're worth that whole bike frame though. What type of fly tying stuff you got?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i have evrything you need to tie anything. its about 500 dollars worth of stuff. in all actuality i would rather give up the frame. Surely you could get a couple hundred bucks out of it. Not that i dont trust you, but do these brakes work? Do they stop? Will i need any different adaptors?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
biggins said:
i have evrything you need to tie anything. its about 500 dollars worth of stuff. in all actuality i would rather give up the frame. Surely you could get a couple hundred bucks out of it. Not that i dont trust you, but do these brakes work? Do they stop? Will i need any different adaptors?
Are they your long term solution for a season of serious racing? No. Probably not. Do they work? Yes, of course. If you "need brakes quickly" these will work for you. but like I said, I dont think they're worth a bike frame or anything. If you can get a set of Hayes or Hopes off someone, they'd be better than the Deores.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
biggins said:
i owuld actually love to have something other than hayes though. i got a set of hayes from someone and the back one has never worked right, then i get a rear one from someone throw it on my new frame last night and it doesnt work right.
Hayes work fine when set up and bled properly. Do you bleed your own brakes? Have you tried re-bleeding them? What does "not working right" mean, anyway?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
they have been bled and rebled and rebled again. All at a very reputable shop that i have gone to for years. as for not working right, they will do all kinds of different things, the current brake just does not stop me and goes all the way to the bar. I just keep experiencing lack of brake power and then\m not working at all. this seems to be a trend with hayes for me.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
hmmmmmm what the hell am i gonna do. maybe i should just start running avids on there or something.

dh boyeee

Cesspool
Nov 16, 2004
hiding from your dad
biggins said:
i owuld actually love to have something other than hayes though. i got a set of hayes from someone and the back one has never worked right, then i get a rear one from someone throw it on my new frame last night and it doesnt work right. im just fed up and i wanna ride. i have been riding my sgs with no back brake since may.
hah, its a good thing i dont have my old nines to trade you, the back brake on them was f'ed too! thast why i upgraded to my mags :love:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i found a set of nines for 200 bucks but i know all they are gonna do is screw up on me to and i dont have 200 bucks.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
so here it is. i took the caliper from my old never working properly rear hayes and put it on the line and lever from the worked ok every once in a while front hayes. bled it about a million times and it seems to be holding. its strange though i had to pump the lever a lot before it really did any good.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
uhm, i will be running them on a yeti a-sx with dual crown fork and a very massive wheelset.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
biggins said:
uhm, i will be running them on a yeti a-sx with dual crown fork and a very massive wheelset.
I'll sell you XT 4-pot DH brakes w/ rotors and all for $225.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
i have a set of fronts and the lever to make one of them a rear of the shimmano hydro deore, with 6in rotors.
you would just have to buy line and rebleed them to fit.
oh and it's all BRAND new never used stuff.
lets say $100 + shipping.

J

JRB

HippieKai said:
i have a set of fronts and the lever to make one of them a rear of the shimmano hydro deore, with 6in rotors.
you would just have to buy line and rebleed them to fit.
oh and it's all BRAND new never used stuff.
lets say $100 + shipping.
I've seen rubic's cubes that are easier to figure out than what you said there. :confused:

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
a set of front deore hydro brakes with 6in rotors.
i have a rear lever to turn one of them into a rear brake.
they are pre-bled so he would need to remove the line and buy lengths that would fit his bike.
they are both brand new.
that better loco?
kai-

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
sure i will loco, here ya go.

hehas2frontbrakesandleverthatlocoisnotinusethatisneedsorientedproperlytobetousedaslayoffarearbrake.icangetabrakethelineanduseoneofcrackthefrontcalipersandthepiperear leverandbuildabackbrake.