Quantcast

I need help with choosing the right dirt jumping bmx.

May 3, 2008
Kentucky
Ive rode all my life but recently just got back into it~ i'll be building a straight set of jumps in my backyard~ looking to make them huge~ looking for big air~ the bike may need gyro~ but its not a must~ i'm 5'11 and 200 pounds~ ive been riding a ****ty 20" tony hawk huckjam!@! ha! i'm looking for a good bike to get started on~ i'm not a rich boy so i'll be lookin for anything around 300 or lower~ dirt jumping is all i'll be doing on it~ i really like the haro sr 20 xl group 1~ but not sure if its what i'm looking for~ please help!!! :biggrin:

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
would the dk rage be a good choice? or is it more of a race bike than just dirt jumping freestyle?
I looked at that bike, it has a 20" top tube length, which might be a bit short for you. I'm about your size, and I ride a 20.75" top tube. But that's more of a preference thing.

DK is a decent brand, but also look into Eastern or Kink, they give you a lot of bang for the buck. Try here: http://www.danscomp.com/index.php - if you haven't looked there already.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
The Mutiny Burlish is a solid trails frame. It has a lower BB and longer chain stays than a lot of the newer bmx frames, so it's more stable for flying through trails. I love mine.

And, I think at your height, you should go for a 21" frame. I'm 6'1" and run a 21.5, but that was mostly because I wanted it to feel closer in size to my hardtail.

May 3, 2008
Kentucky
what do you guys think of the eastern traildigger? anyone know where i can find a 21" top tube bmx~ that would be solid~ for around 300-400 or less?