Quantcast

I need help with my marzocchi

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
I have a d.street 24 and it bottoms out really easily. even with the 15 psi in each leg. i called marzocchi and they don't have any of the springs for that fork in stock. and to top it off, it tops out extremely bad and it feels like a pogo stick. I know i should just change to a thicker oil (10 or 15 wt?). but does anyone know where to get springs for this fork? i can't even ride my bike it feels so bad right now.... thanks guys.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
metalMTB said:
I have a d.street 24 and it bottoms out really easily. even with the 15 psi in each leg. i called marzocchi and they don't have any of the springs for that fork in stock. and to top it off, it tops out extremely bad and it feels like a pogo stick. I know i should just change to a thicker oil (10 or 15 wt?). but does anyone know where to get springs for this fork? i can't even ride my bike it feels so bad right now.... thanks guys.

2 of 3

you need MORE oil

your fork is broken/malfunctioning

you are overreacting

allenzoom

Chimp
Sep 21, 2005
colorado springs
vitox said:
2 of 3

you need MORE oil

your fork is broken/malfunctioning

you are overreacting
Why are you such a sarcastic jerk all of the time. More often then not, when you respond to peoples questions, you are rude about it! Granted, you are full of useful info on bikes, components, and suspension but, give us a break on your attitude! Just because you have been on here for so long dosen't give you the right to sit behind your computer and act like a di(khead

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
10wt is as high as i would say to go. no need for 15. if 10 doesn't work then yes your fork is broken. best thing, if its not too old send it to marz to maybe get warrentied.

and chill out to allenzoom. you have 11 posts and already you can comment on people. also this always happens to this forum. he'll get his answer, but for what vitox was saying, is true...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
DHS said:
and chill out to allenzoom. you have 11 posts and already you can comment on people. also this always happens to this forum. he'll get his answer, but for what vitox was saying, is true...
Yep.......He's over reacting :p

allenzoom

Chimp
Sep 21, 2005
colorado springs
DHS said:
10wt is as high as i would say to go. no need for 15. if 10 doesn't work then yes your fork is broken. best thing, if its not too old send it to marz to maybe get warrentied.

I may have 11 posts on this forum but I have been around awhile and have posted on other forums so I am not a total stranger to how things work!
All I was saying is that Vitox can be rude and he often times comes across as being demeaning and intimidating to others who ask questions about products or procedures that they are not familiar with... And I notice he does this people who have not been on this forum for very long. After all, this is not Pinkbike for God's sake!

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
telling someone to chill out because they only have 11 posts is the most retarded fffiinngg thing i have ever heard. ive been on ride monkey for two years, and could easily have three thousand posts if i made comments on every thread i read. my low post count means absolutely NOTHING about the type of person or level of "education" i have about mt. bikes. give the guy a break, he just asked a question. he does't deserve to be patronized by a bunch of people who should be out riding their bikes instead of pickin' on the new guy. those of you in the elite 3000 post club should remember #1-you were new to mtb once. #2-you were new to ridemonkey once too. to you "newbies", i have been mtb since 1990. i will answer your questions if i read them and can give an intelligent answer of something i may have facts about. to everyone else, if you don't like me or this post, well sorry. i am not a post count, i am a mountain biker. if you can't hang wit dat then like snoop dog once so eloquently said "yall can eat a d#ck"

fattyfat1

Monkey
Mar 22, 2005
Kelso, WA
oops, my bad. i just realized after my little rant,(see above post"ha ha") the person in question wasnt the one with the question. apologies all around! still, i have been victim to newbie-itis since i got on these forums, and i would hope that intelligence prevails, not how many times you can reply to a thread.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
you can just wait until marz has the springs in stock, what about that concept

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
well. the sarcasm is part of the atmosphere here at rm. since youve been here for 2 years you would know that fatty. and his post wasnt even that bad because, alot of the time when someone posts this kind of topic it can be easily resolved and they ARE overreacting