Quantcast

I need help with translation.....

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Please, oh please, let there be a monkey out there that will be able to help me with translating my re-proposal to my wife. Why, you ask? Ok, even if you didn't ask, it's because we're taking a trip to Italy to ride in the Prosecco Cycling Classic/Gran Fondo in Valdobbiadene, north of Venice. I won it in an online raffle from VeloNews, and can't be more happy. The event is on October 2, and our 14th anniversary is September 17. What a way to spend it.

I have an idea of what I want to say, and instead of taking a boat-load of time with online translations, I hope there's someone in the Greatland of Monkeydom that can help me out. What say you???????

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
mantis, into what language do you want to translate what? i doubt that you want dirtmcgirk (or any other psycho monkey of which we've got a sh*tload here) to write your re-proposal, except if your wife digs pedobear, hookers, drug abuse and violence....
gff's input is, although rather rudimentary, very cute (i never thought i'd combine "gff" and "cute" into one sentence...)

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
this reminds of the time when i a co-worker asked for help with a translation... and ended with a document which included the words "me so horny" which in turn was sent to Toyota Motor Corp.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Does she parlez Italiano? If not, you can string together any old phrase, as long as you use the proper intonation, cadence and hand gestures...

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Wife doesn't even speak conversational Italian, though we're trying to learn so we can at least ask where the bathroom is and how much is the beer/wine. That being said, I came up with this idea when I re-proposed at Mammoth during their last big national (complete with Tiffany key chain, as ring was way too costly), and when my youngest brother got married in Mexico and middle brother and Mom both made their speeches dual-language-wise. I know what I want to say, so I'd supply that and "hope" I'd get the "proper" translation (warning makes me wonder, though- haha).

That being said, I'm surprised neither of you commented on my trip winning. Oh well, it is a road event and not the MegaAvalance, so I guess I can understand. How does one shift on a road bike, and can the brakes be set moto-style????????????????