Quantcast

I Need New Cranks

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i need new cranks my race face evolves just broke and sombody told me to get Hone cranks, does anybody recomend anything else. i am trying to loose weight on my bike and keep my bike as close to undestructable as possible. And they need to look cool. so i was thinking about hone cranks, any other sugestion

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
if the hones are anything like the saints, then they'll be great. I think the hones are just the lighter version of the saints. I'm running profiles with a ti spindle if that's any help. That's setup is a tad lighter than saints and indestructable...in my opinion...

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
dont get hones if youre heavey. I had a pair of saints and they creaked from week 2 on. I re-installed then 3 or 4 times, same thing. Same thing with my friends saints. didn't creak when he rode it, but they did for me, the curse of being 6'6" 200lbs Stiff, but creak.
________
Kitchen Measures

Last edited:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
holzfellers are sweet, i've banged mine against so many rocks so hard and they are good as new (well....not looks). Maybe wait for those howitzers...anyone know when they're coming out? prices? interbike probably?
________
No2 Vapir

Last edited:

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Be careful tightening whatever your new cranks will be. I think you may have "broke" them by overtightening.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeah i think that was it i most have over tighten them or done something stupid like that

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
mtnbrider said:
Are you serous, you can't break evolves. My friend does 20 stairs and hasn't even bent them at all.
then why the hell am i trying to find new cranks :stupid:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
usually when that happens its because the crank/bb interface on the cranks has become worn. It will never fit on there tight again, usually threadlock wont work, replaceents the best option, well only one crank if you need too and not both.
________
Homemade vaporizer

Last edited:

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeah but they both keep coming loos so do any of you guys have anyother recomendation that is in the 150-180 dollar price range or cheaper of course

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Just get some more Evolves and don't install them half-assed this time; maintain your equipment.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Did you ever lube the spindle on the bottom bracket before you Installed the crank arms. If you didn't they will always work loose. Mine came loose once after about a month of use so I took the crank arms off, Re lubed the spindle, And have not come loose in over a year now.

Try the simple stuff before you go out and buy new cranks.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
gemini2k said:
you shouldn't need to put any lube on isis....
Do you read the Install manuals before Installing? You are supposed to Lube the spindle on all Isis cranks.

You can read it in the precautions and warnings part of the Install manual of most cranks and bottom brackets that are isis. You don't lube square taper. You do lube isis.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
scurban said:
Profiles with a ti spindle are the way to go. Bombproof, and not all that heavy.

to agree with mr. tiles and scurban, profiles with a titanium spindle just sounds perfect for anything and everything. :drool: :drool:

i mean it doesnt get much more badass in my opinion

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
DH SB RIDER said:
ya i no some fat kid that broke his evoles...faty.....all this kid does is eat...im glad im not friends with him
ude du you ever have anything positive to say or do you always have to put someone down..... jkjkjk....no but really what is up with that

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
oliver DH SB rider what the hell it was a serious ? and when you get on and type that crap of 356 bls or what ever that is only making fun of you because you were the only one withthose cranks