Quantcast

I need opinions on a wheelset....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Carbon Fetish said:
The WTB Laser Disc Lite has an MSRP of $560 weighs 1760g for the set and the Speed disc has an MSRP $265.00 weighs 2150g for the set.
Sold I'll send you the money today. e-mail me @ stoshly at hotmail dot com

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
dh girlie said:
Damn dude...you have everything sitting in the garage! Why, if it weren't for you...I would never have that pimpin crushed blue velvet saddle!
My garage is full of bike stuff I need to unload. How is the saddle holding up?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
i'm sure it's doing just fine. does lisa ever ride her bike(s)? ;)

Hopefully I will get to this year...I think I only got 2 days of downhilling in before I broke myself again...:( Now all I have to do is get my front wheel to turn with the new hubs...there used to be a spacer or something on the front wheel when I had the hugi hubs...and now it's off kilter...not sure if I need a new spacer, but it looks like if there is a new spacer, it'll be too far over... :think: Guess I better git it into the bike shop with all the lovely weather we're having...

edit...oh and F you! You think I liked being busted up for two friggin seasons! bastard!

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
dh girlie said:
He's still sellin it for that cheap?
Um, I jumped the gun on this one thinking it's was the speed disc I had. Whoops *puts foot in mouth* I'll be willing to work a deal if you are still interested. Check you PM.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Carbon Fetish said:
Um, I jumped the gun on this one thinking it's was the speed disc I had. Whoops *puts foot in mouth* I'll be willing to work a deal if you are still interested. Check you PM.
Oh... I've been bait and switch'ed!!

:D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
You think I can drink 2%?
actually I was thinking more along the lines of whole milk..... just make sure the cow didn't get into an onion patch.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
I think he's pullin yer leg...you know...pretending he bought YOUR wheels from CF...
no he's not joking. WE're talking about 2 different models.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
stosh said:
Kyle used Mr Garrison's balls for his Negroplasty. It reminded me of you....
Dude! I totally thought of you when I was watching that!!! I was laughing and the GF looks at me like, "What's so funny?". I just smiled and laughed.

I looked on the internet (cause it's all true on the internet!) and found out that the doctor on South Park doing the negroplasties and such is a real sex change doctor. (Well, they used his name anyway) He's done like hundreds of sex change surgeries. That's a lot of discarded balls! :stosh:

DHG, Your wheelset rocks! :drool: Price be damned, they're PINK!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ciaran said:
Dude! I totally thought of you when I was watching that!!! I was laughing and the GF looks at me like, "What's so funny?". I just smiled and laughed.

I looked on the internet (cause it's all true on the internet!) and found out that the doctor on South Park doing the negroplasties and such is a real sex change doctor. (Well, they used his name anyway) He's done like hundreds of sex change surgeries. That's a lot of discarded balls! :stosh:

DHG, Your wheelset rocks! :drool: Price be damned, they're PINK!!!
Ha so I wasn't alone!! You and DHG are always there for me!

:D

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Carbon Fetish said:
The WTB Laser Disc Lite has an MSRP of $560 weighs 1760g for the set and the Speed disc has an MSRP $265.00 weighs 2150g for the set.
Ya'll need to head over to http://www.oddsandendos.com and talk to Mike G. He'll hook you up with a handbuilt set of the Laser Disc Lites laced to Velocity VXC rims for under $375. I rode this setup on my xc rig for over 2 years and never had a single problem. And the entire setup weighs around 1600g.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
pixelninja said:
Ya'll need to head over to http://www.oddsandendos.com and talk to Mike G. He'll hook you up with a handbuilt set of the Laser Disc Lites laced to Velocity VXC rims for under $375. I rode this setup on my xc rig for over 2 years and never had a single problem. And the entire setup weighs around 1600g.

Good advice. Never heard a complaint about Mikes wheels. He does good work. My Bud Mike is a super clydesdale and he runs a wheelset built by Mike. Nothing special really, just a well built wheel. Light too....jdcamb

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
pixelninja said:
I've heard a lot of good things about oddsandendos. But still that's almost $200 more than the original wheelset that Stosh posted the link to - is it worth it? It could be if the rider is going to ride a ton - if the rider is a weekend warrior type of rider, than perhaps it is not. Whattya think?

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
MMcG said:
I've heard a lot of good things about oddsandendos. But still that's almost $200 more than the original wheelset that Stosh posted the link to - is it worth it? It could be if the rider is going to ride a ton - if the rider is a weekend warrior type of rider, than perhaps it is not. Whattya think?
For a beginner, probably not. Although, these days I have to consider myself a weekend warrior. I don't get out much, with my busy schedule and all, and I would say that for me the ones from Mike are well worth it. Cutting down on that rotational weight is key for a front range rider who doesn't ride that much. I need all the help I can get. ;)