Quantcast

I need pics of sweet stunts

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
Backcountry Bicycle Trails Club, (BBTC) is building a tight 2 acre mountain bike park in Seattle, and working on a proposal for a larger skills park out in the burbs. I am looking for pictures of sweet Technical Trail Features (TTF's) for ideas and to give the planners an idea of the stuff we want to build. TTF's are stunts, jumps, drops, skinnies, rollovers, rocks, etc., and can be natural or artificial. Basically any obstacle on the trail that takes skill to ride.

Got pics? Post them here.

Here's info about I-5 Open Space/Colonnde Park in Downtown Seattle.
http://www.bbtc.org
206-524-2900 office

Are you a BBTC member? Join now at http://bbtc.org/home/new-member.php

Do you want more singletrack? Donate today at http://bbtc.org/home/donate.php

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i want to build a 100 foot section of ladder, skinnies, a-frame, and a sliding section there. should be cool, i was thinking of building it in South Seatac but i figure i should build it where it's legal and Wic won't have an anuerism.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
oly said:
Check out the picture galleries on pinkbike. Theres always pics of crazy backyard craftwork there.
No, dont go there, just ask me for ideas. Right now in my woods we are making a step-up jump onto a ladder that, very soon after, goes into a five foot drop. Kinda like you see in the movies. Its gonna be cool to see someone do it, I'm gonna like doing it I think.

jollyrodger

Chimp
Jul 12, 2004
This is the best piece of news I've heard in a while. Going to school in Seattle just got about 10 or 11 times cooler. Boo yah.

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Hi Justin,

At one of the planning meetings a few months ago, I gave the guys there some of this info, but you might want to check it out as well.
TTP

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Who is going to be collecting the ideas and creating the course? If someone was setting up the layout and did not ride stunts like these on a daily bases and built 2 cool stunts but they were in a bad sequence, both stunt could be wasted. Sounds like space will be tight and stunts will be permanent. Do you have a free rider on the planning committee? If so, who?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
66 said:
Who is going to be collecting the ideas and creating the course? If someone was setting up the layout and did not ride stunts like these on a daily bases and built 2 cool stunts but they were in a bad sequence, both stunt could be wasted. Sounds like space will be tight and stunts will be permanent. Do you have a free rider on the planning committee? If so, who?
i'm not a free-rider but there's a few sections at Duvall you can thank me for......

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
66 said:
what are you getting at?
i ain't gettin at nuttin. But i will say what i've done and what i'm gonna do. not to brag, but to just simply say.... say that i'm gonna go to a meeting or 2 and throw in my few cents. and i plan on getting my callused hands around a shovel and hammer. that's all i can do, i'm just a dude that likes to ride mt. bikes, just lookin to help out......

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
Sounds like a killer plan. I can vouch for Duvall. There is some mighty good stuff goin on out there. I hope it can be translated into a good park downtown and not some sterile safe zone with one foot high kickers to flat. I'll try and get involved if I can. I just don't wanna be the one raking up the used syringes.

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
Thanks for the links and pics!

66, here's the long answer to your question. There are 2 projects I'm talking about here:

1) Colonnade (aka I-5 Open Space). This is an urban mountain bike park, but not a freeride area (freeride can be defined lots of ways, but there won't be big hucking here). We've got 2 acres to work with, and we want to make the sweetest park possible in that small space. We want to build a great park that the city council and the public absolutely love. Once we prove the concept here we hope that the politicos are stoked and we can bring more urban mountain bike parks to Washington.

There will lots of trail features, and the idea is to make it fun to ride for everyone and provide features that allow a rider to work on their skills. We are having regular design review meetings every 2 weeks or so, and we want you to give us your input and help us design this thing. We have to work within the city's guidelines, but there's a lot of room for creativity. Design Review meeting tonight (tues) at BBTC World Headquarters: sign up here!

2) Mountain Bike Skills Park on King County land. This project is in the preliminary proposal stage, and I'm working on getting a deal signed. We will be encouraging people to help design this park once we get the green light from the County. As with everything BBTC, these parks are designed by the bikers who step up to the plate and help us make it happen. I'll let everyone know as soon as we have a location nailed down and we're ready to start detailed design work. This area will be freeridish in nature, but the locations we're looking at don't have enough elevation change to make them hardcore downhill or freeride spots. I think the title of "skills park" is probably the best way to describe the possibilities right now. We'll work with King County to see what their design limits are, but so far they've been very encouraging.

We're also looking for legit downhill/hardcore freeride spots, and we'll keep searching until we've got something. Does anyone have 600 acres of mountainside land within 30 minutes of Seattle with rocky terrain that they want to lease to BBTC for cheap? Anyone? Buhler?

call me anytime for more info.

Justin
justin@bbtc.org
206-524-2900 office
206-390-2237 cell