Quantcast

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Serious... just shave it.
No more cat hair around, and you'te not killing it.

Roomate can't get pissed off, cause his cat is still alive and there.
Cat'll be pissed off, so it'll avoid you.

win-win

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
or you could just deal with it.

Is there some way you could afford to live/rent without the burden of inconsiderate room mates?
oh sure i could save up and move in with some of my own friends who are looking for places. I am not keen on getting myself into a situation where my friends smoke all my cigarettes and ganj and eat all of my food however.

I may stay put. I got this place because of the location, close to campus and somewhat close to downtown. I offered to pay high rent ($611/mo) just to get away from having problems with substandard apartments. It has been a stuggle for two years to cut down my spending however there have been fewer problems as a result.

The cost of living where I am has been excellent with cheap grocery stores and good butchers. Oddly enough my landlord has been sympathetic to my grievances. He may turn the third floor into two rooms w/roofdeck and rent them separately. It is not a landlords market right now however so splitting things up would be an effort to fill the place faster. I get first dibbs on one of the rooms (provided the cat problem is properly handled) and can have rent for $475. I am sitting on a fence though because having fewer roomates means a better quality of living that i can't afford.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I have taken a smoke break recently. I think it has helped me out. You can do whatever you want but if I was you I would save some cash and get in a better situation so you don't have to deal with roommates. Spearmint is just nasty BTW....
Blueberry is much tastier.....or Bubblegum, or OGKush.... :drool:

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
really yall?
you think there is anyone on this bb that would intentionally harm an animal (hunters excluded)?
seriously?
:wave: I'd shoot a dog if it was running after cattle or kill a dear if its eating my garden.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
oh sure i could save up and move in with some of my own friends who are looking for places. I am not keen on getting myself into a situation where my friends smoke all my cigarettes and ganj and eat all of my food however.
See, that still sort of falls under "inconsiderate room mates".

Let's face it, if you wanted to you could probably afford higher rent, and that better quality of living, or at very least get hooked up with ONE trustworthy friend. No?

Cutting spending is one way, earning more money is another. How much is that quality of living worth to you, or what are you willing to do to have it?

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
I am hoping this situation will resolve itself. A pair of clippers are still only $20, cheaper than putting down the cat.

I have a fixed income so there is a limited amount of things I can do in order to get what I want. I am only willing to put up with a situation for so long before the odds are in my favor to go and rent again.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Why did you wait a month?
I have been pestering them to get rid of the cat and they have been trying to find a home for it. as for this roomate and his girlfriend they've been lying to us saying she is here 3-4 times a week only while she has a key and storms upstairs daily. My allergies have only become severe since yesterday. I went through the normal channels like gaining support by informing my other roomates and landlord. There has been alot of lip service.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Used to work at animal shelter under a work study program in college. Farmers would trap all of their barn cats and drop them off. 99% of them were mean and diseased so we used to put them down assembly line style. Worst part was we didn't have an incinerator so we froze them until the incinerator man came to pick them up. Those furry little legs and tails would interlock and freeze solid so you had to take a rubber mallet and beat them apart upon removal.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Used to work at animal shelter under a work study program in college. Farmers would trap all of their barn cats and drop them off. 99% of them were mean and diseased so we used to put them down assembly line style. Worst part was we didn't have an incinerator so we froze them until the incinerator man came to pick them up. Those furry little legs and tails would interlock and freeze solid so you had to take a rubber mallet and beat them apart upon removal.

You were a funny man once.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I wish my signature could handle that many characters.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
That post leaves me feeling emotionally confused.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
what if westy was talking about dogs instead? i mean, i have no desire to own a dog, but it doesn't mean i revel in their destruction.

Sadly the same things happened to dogs. In either case they were animals that would die slowly from disease or go crazy in a cage because they were unadoptable. I never reveled in any of it. A sad result of people not taking care of their pets where the people responsible never had to deal with grisly results.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
well I beat my allergies today successfully with the allergy medication. I also gave my roomate the ultimatum today. He gets rid of the cat by this weekend or I am shaving it. I told my landlord point blank that I will enter his room and do it and he doesnt care.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
I'm not allergic to twat. hanging out at the vape lounge isn't bad for girls. my friend and I have picked up girls there already. We are about to purchase yearly memberships for $44 this month. No problems there other than the # of chicks throwing themselves at me. It is crazier when I go to the bar. Being 33 well they just keep coming.

TN

Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
what if westy was talking about dogs instead? i mean, i have no desire to own a dog, but it doesn't mean i revel in their destruction.
I guess my joke was either not funny or over your head (prolly the former :D ).....It was a stab at how Westy is NOT funny all the time. ya know cuz people put funny quotes from other users in their sigs.

But really though, I am so apathetic it aint funny. I love my dogs not all dogs. And the sad thing is, like Westy said in so many words, stupid ass people get dogs & don't realize how much work they are then they either get put down or go crazy in no-kill shelters.

It is an F'd up world, man....F'd up. which may explain my apathy.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
oh wow i got a complete victory today. The allergies are so terrible on the meds that now the cat is out and keeps its fur. Even if it gets thrown into a snowbank. Saturday it leaves. I thought I beat my allergies when I got out of the house for awhile...back on the double dose within 5minutes of being in the house. So long Pussy!

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
just lay a large strip of duct tape on the pvssy right before it leaves the house and just say it probably rolled on to it when it was furring up your house. Then, your roomate will have to rip it off and leave a big strip of no hair on it.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
If your allergies are really that bad, just keep "accidentally" sneezing on your roomate and everything he touches.

Make your allergies as miserable for him as they are for you.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
oh i still think my roomate is a nice guy. he just acts like a jerk sometimes. It is his girlfriends cat and I dont like her. He is whipped of course. (I have heard the bullwhip go off) I actually feel a little sorry for him. There is alot of heightened stupidity going on in the house right now. For once it isnt my fault that people are pissed off.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Well I am shocked. The cat isn't gone but now I keep getting phone calls for Rottweilers! They are going to get a Dog to eat the cat! I promised if the cat is not gone by the weekend I will shave it. I didnt even butter the guys stairs and he still keeps coming. I just figured I would buy a decent stereo to avoid hearing them boff at 4 in the morning. Two more months of this ****? There had better be some changes coming...

ArmySlowRdr

Chimp
Jul 5, 2001
Killeen, TX
if ur like me i'm allergic to tons of stuff--finally went to an allergist and got skin tested. i will be getting shots--also was put on advair---the advair is already working wonders. wished i would have done it years ago. oh and I've lived with a cat for several years now--