Quantcast

I need some e-help for something I am building

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dwaugh, Nov 1, 2005.

1. dwaugh

dwaugh Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Ok, in my woods I have planned to build a roll-in and a few new jumps where there used to be ladders. Roll-in will be a rectangular platform, about 7.25 feet tall built on the very edge of my property line. Along one long edge is the property line, so I cant build anything there. (clockwise) The next edge, short edge, is near some trees and inconvinient to access. The next long edge will be where the roll-in will go down and a few ladders will branch out. The last edge, short, is near some small trees and an uphill trail. What I need help on is this: I need to make an easy way to get my bike up onto the top without using too much energy (so I can do it over and over and over....). But, clearly, I dont have a ton of room. I can build a ladder for people to climb up, so how should I get bikes up? (this has to be done by a single person).

#1 -   Nov 1, 2005

Please register to disable this ad.

2. PatBranch

PatBranch Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 7
    Could you build a ladder to ride up from one side? Like this -> http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134983

In the FR forum, I read something about Dangerous Dan trying to build an elevator w/ pulleys and weights. Maybe you could do something complicated like that.

#2 -   Nov 1, 2005
  3. dwaugh

dwaugh Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    So, I got an idea that will work, and made a very, very, very quick drawing of it. I think you should get the idea by looking at it.

Attached Files:

#3 -   Nov 1, 2005
  4. PatBranch

PatBranch Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    8 / 7
    That looks good. You could make some drops/step downs off the side.

#4 -   Nov 2, 2005