Quantcast

I need some feedback...

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
So, I've been riding a Method 24 for a few days now. It's actually a really fun bike. I'm convinced that 24s are the perfect wheel size for medium to large trails. Before spending much time on 24s, I was a little concerned that the bike might not have the wheel rotating mass that I love so much on 26s... making moto whips and such super fun. But, it still has it, just in a more maneuverable form. The geo is fun on trails, but riding around on the street it feels like a "land magnet" as WCH put it. I can see why some people put taller bars on these bikes... it certainly would make pulling up the front end easier. Hopefully, the geo on our frames will fix that issue, but still preserve the radness on trails. I definitely want to keep an open mind about the geo, though, because I intend for our frame to be a trails frame first and foremost. So, we'll see how it goes.

Shot of me on the Method 24...

Last edited:

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I asked bryce for some pics. I heard he has been riding his with a dobbermann rigid on it.

On a side note... the new prototype frames should be here very soon!

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
I have been barely riding, but I have been hitting some street and they are solid. This summer I am barely gonna be off of that bike, except to ride Cru's 24" BMX, which he will eventually give to me for free if I keep asking.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
is it fair to say this thread pre-dated the Model C ?
Yes. None of us had heard of the Model C when I started this thread. It was started before Interbike 2008, that is when Sunday announced the Model C. I remember being at Interbike and seeing the Model C and thinking "holy sh!t, they took my idea... but it doesn't look like they're doing it right." Haha.

I guess in fairness, though, you could say that they had thought of the idea earlier, because they obviously had been working on prototypes for awhile and had them at Interbike.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
True. It's definitely not an entirely new concept. It's just that choices in terms of a cruiser frame with a more progressive geometry were pretty limited for a long time.
:thumb: Exactly... Cruiser frames have almost always been designed with racing in mind. It has taken forever for companies to realize that a cruiser can be a kickass street/dirt jump vehicle with a little tweaking.
It has fallen on the riders to finally innovate a little. It's great to see some people finally stepping up and getting it done!

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
True. It's definitely not an entirely new concept. It's just that choices in terms of a cruiser frame with a more progressive geometry were pretty limited for a long time.
When I got back into riding trails all I had left for BMX bikes was my old race cruiser. The geometry wasn't bad and it was a solid frame and fork (looptail Profile with cross brace). But I always wanted something burlier and with more progressive geo. This was back in the late 90's. Great to see such a dope cruiser now available. Selfishly I wish I had one back then but still awesome to see it finally made.