Quantcast

I Need Someone To Talk To

austinchic

Chimp
Dec 5, 2004
Hey everyone i just am about to start riding people YOU people should talk to me and give me some tips please thanx a lot :dancing:

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Make sure that your clothing matches your $4000 bike.........that also helps

if you get a red bike, you *must* wear a red helmet, red shoes, red camelback, red sunglasses

you don't want anyone to think you're a noob, do you?

j/k, welcome to the monkey....there's a lot of really friendly, knowledgeable bike people on here.........and then there's Burly (I don't think I've ever read anything about him riding anything)

:D

EDIT: I take that bit back about Burly not riding.....I just read something about riding in the forests of Hawaii

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
MudGrrl said:
j/k, welcome to the monkey....there's a lot of really friendly, knowledgeable bike people on here.........and then there's Burly (I don't think I've ever read anything about him riding anything)

:D

EDIT: I take that bit back about Burly not riding.....I just read something about riding in the forests of Hawaii
Are you kidding me? I race. I ride all the time when I dont have mono.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
The first thing that comes to mind when I think of the Burly: Ridemonkey resident wiseass

The fact that you are on Ridemonkey implies that you ride, but I am not all together sure of it (other than you telling me that you race).

I will collect my evidence and come back to you with an answer at a later date.

:)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ha!

I'll take the title of resident wiseass and wear it with pride. In the meantime, you should come to the spring monkeyfest and ride with us at Pisgah. Some other VA monkeys are coming it seems.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
MudGrrl said:
Make sure that your clothing matches your $4000 bike.........that also helps

if you get a red bike, you *must* wear a red helmet, red shoes, red camelback, red sunglasses

you don't want anyone to think you're a noob, do you?
lol, what is she? some sort of motocross rider? meeh, good times. If you're looking for a red bike, you can buy mine for $4000. helps the community!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
we are giving this guy the wrong impression of ridemonkey.

mod edit: you will not get many more warnings.

E.C.

Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
South Central Pa.
austinchic .My advise to someone who is about to start riding is, Have Fun thats what it's all about , it's great for the soul.
All the stress of everyday life disapears at the trailhead.
Later E.C.

J

JRB

There is a lot of talk on bikemojo, Austin Voodoo. They will even schedule rides. Post up there and they will join. Ride like a girl will kick off soon. They are all skill levels. There are lots of great trails to learn on in Austin. Welcome

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
johnbryanpeters said:
austinchic,

Welcome. The weekends are a slow time. The best initial advice is just take it easy and have fun. Don't get sucked into the money and style game.

manziman

Search for metrosexual.

J
the best advice is hang out in the lounge, beleive everything that burlyshirley and N8 post and ride alot. the combinatin of these things is bound to give your life new meaning and fullfillment as well as renew a sense of respect for the freedom we have as US citizens.

and enjoy the monkey

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Megan Black said:
that is why you rule the planet megan black. i looked at it and thought about it but didnt do it. For some reason i knew you would be here.

J

JRB

So are you riding people yet??? Where are you at, austinchic???

Dustin - is this an alter ego???

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
Spend high on wheels and riding shorts. Spend low on front mechs. Ride more than you drive. Oh yah...Be prepared to have most of your threads highjacked!