Quantcast

i need to make money

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
Does anyone have any tips on how I can make 600 to 1000 dollars over the winter. I need the money to get a new Freeride bike, my hardtail is getting beaten to hell. I'm 14 and cant get working papers.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Baby sitting, yard work, run errands for people, dog walking,

I know kids who do all of the above. And for babysitting, don't poopoo it. I used to pay the sitters my kids loved a lot just to keep then around ( like $6 an hour 10 years ago) And boy sitters know how to have a lot more fun ( for boys)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Wait...you live in Jersey? Im sure you could pick up enough cans off the side of the road to get that amount of cash in no time.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ask Stinkyboy's neighbor how much she is pulling of Craig's List. My guess is you could earn about a grand over the winter without too much effort.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Ask Stinkyboy's neighbor how much she is pulling of Craig's List. My guess is you could earn about a grand over the winter without too much effort.
Instinctively, I went and found 4 photos to post, but reread the post, and dude's only 14, so I gave him a break.

:panic:

Youngster, put down the Playstation controller, pick up a shovel, rake or whatever your older neighbors need done and do it. I was making money in the Midwest at age 8-9, taking advantage of the seasons and helping the retired folks.

Sometimes there was even cookies!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Ditto to all the above. And FWIW, good on you for wanting (or needing) to earn the money yourself and not expecting mommy or daddy or whoever to just buy one for you.

My 12 year old works around the house doing non-essential for welfare being jobs. ex. trash, cleaning room, dishwasher, pets, etc are non-payable due to being essential to the welfare of the common household, that's his part in the family role. He washes our cars for $5 each, an extra $2.50 for interior vacuuming, $5 for yard cutting, $10 for snow shoveling, you get the point. Granted, his rates are 12 year old rates, you'd have to negotiate for an appropriate rate for you. But..he's picking up 15-20 bucks a pop for shoveling snow for the neighbors.

get to work..

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
get your fancy kneepads and head down over to the truck stop. i'm sure a solid week of work there will easily earn you at least $1000.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
find a local auto shop and see if the will hire you to clean their shop, buy yourself a gallon of simplegreen concentrate, few cans of break clean, and some old rag tshirts and offer to clean their whole shop and tools on a weekend for 100 bucks ive done that several times

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
i use my quad to plow peoples driveways in the winter every 4" i drive up my street and got to each house... i charge $50 every 4"..... i make about 400 every good storm

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
find a local auto shop and see if the will hire you to clean their shop, buy yourself a gallon of simplegreen concentrate, few cans of break clean, and some old rag tshirts and offer to clean their whole shop and tools on a weekend for 100 bucks ive done that several times
that is a good idea... my uncle is friends with the shop down my street.... i had the chance to make 100 a week sweeping the floor.... but i was to damn lazy

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I worked at a Flea Market when I was 13yo making and selling t-shirts. I bet there's plenty of under-the-table work out there.

yes yes, that under-the-table joke you were about to make is clever. No, please, post it.

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
i use my quad to plow peoples driveways in the winter every 4" i drive up my street and got to each house... i charge $50 every 4"..... i make about 400 every good storm
I was going to do that but all of my neighbors have plows because they have huge driveways.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
pinkshortphotos would like you to pm him semi nudes of yourself.

do you mind posing with goats?

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Do you have a blog? If you do not, you can go to Blogger, Word Press, LiveJournal, or TypePad and create a blog account.

But before you do that, be sure to choose a subject you want to talk about, and pick a name for your blog that is relative to the subject you wanna talk about. ie. Freeride mountain bike or mountain bike racing blog. Create your blog with that name, then ad some advertisements like Google AdSense and Kontera to your blog.

Start writing posts relative to freeride mountain biking, so the ads will start displaying ads relative to freeride mountain biking. Then do some SEO and SEM to your blog, finding good keywords for your blog, creating links to your blog from other sites that have a good Google PageRank. For example, you can place a link to your blog in your Ridemonkey signature and also post a new thread and talk about your blog, placing a couple links back to posts in your blog, within the initial post of new thread.

Eventually you'll start gaining traffic to your website, and people will click those ads and you will generate money. :) I did skip a lot of steps, but that is the gist of it! You could make up to $1,300 a month once you get a lot of traffic going to your blog and clicking the ads.

Keep posting and gain traffic more traffic, it will take some time, but it eventually will start paying off! :D

-P