Quantcast

I need your opinion on this: Ways You Save Sa

Aug 5, 2018
I'm reaching out to all of you to get some insight on the best ways you save money, particularly in this riding discipline.

I run a blog about how people can better save money in the MTB market, and I'd love to hear your input. Tell me about a unique way you saved money. And it could be anything, from tools to tires to frames. How'd you do it and where did that opportunity come from.

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I save money by going online and asking people to create content for my blog for free instead of paying someone to do it!!

I find it's particularly helpful to spam all the online bike forums that google can dig up.

Aug 5, 2018
I save money by going online and asking people to create content for my blog for free instead of paying someone to do it!!

I find it's particularly helpful to spam all the online bike forums that google can dig up.
I'm not asking anyone to write a post on my blog. I just want to know if there are any other ways people have saved money, and this is not spam as I don't have any links to my website. Sorry you feel that way.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I save a lot of money by making things myself instead of buying them, like beer, pizza, crack.

You also can save money by using things you already have for other things. Just last week I needed a good torture rack but used a few come-alongs instead.

Nov 24, 2017
Create a challenge around your household involving who can fold-over toilet paper in between wipes the most times. You'll be surprised how much money has been just going down the drain!

Jan 8, 2007
Ladera Ranch
1. Use 9 speed drive-train. I would never do that but it would save a ton of cash. especially if you are burning up cassettes every 6 months.
2. Buy Continental tires in strange sizes with useless compounds and tread patterned. Again, I would never do that but it saves $
3. No dropper post. Not only will you save a coupe hundred bucks, you will avoid the required cost of annual service/rebuilds
4. Work in or around the bike industry and ask for "industry deals" from the brands you want to purchase. You might be surprised at what companies will do for you if you have even a remote link to the bike industry.
5. If you work for a major corporation, ask your HR or marketing department if they have any corporate affiliations that provide corporate discounts for it's employees. for instance, my employer has a deal with Diamondback and Raleigh and we can log in and buy bikes at a discount.
6. Once a year I see a 20% off one item coupon arrive in the mail or email from Backcounty.com. 2 years ago I used that to purchase a set of Magura MT trail brakes. That for a big savings.
7. Ask the frame manufactures if they have any blemish frames or discontinued colors or models that are on clearance.