Quantcast

I now have less respect for Obama :(

Discussion in 'Politics & World News' started by LordOpie, Mar 13, 2008.

Tags:
?

What's your view of Obama today compared to months ago?

1. Like him more

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  2. same

23 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. less

12 vote(s)
    19.4%
  4. other

4 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    (EDIT: My title is wrong... I should say I have less respect for him, not none)

He claims he's for Hope and Change. I don't remember specifically, but I'm sure he wants to be a Uniter.

His association with people saying stupid sh1t, his fighting with Hillary, his ego is getting in the way of his own claimed progress. If it's not his ego, then the right thing for him to do is take the VP role, heal the DNC, disassociate himself from nutjobs, and begin doing what he claims he wants to do.

The latest is once again his Pastor who hates America, hates whites, hates jews, hates N8...

Please register to disable this ad.

2. dante

dante Unabomber

Rep/Likes:
    12 / 8
    So what you're saying is you're *for* Hillary (who associates with people saying stupid stuff, has picked fights with Obama, and has a WAY bigger ego)? I'm not saying BO's a saint, but considering his opponents, he might as well be...

Minus, minus, minus, plus.

3. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    No. But she's not being a hypocrit like this. She knows she's sleazy.

4. Westy

Westy the teste

Rep/Likes:
    446 / 2,841
    Would you not hire a qualified employee because their pastor was an idiot?

Do you think Obama thinks the same things? If yes then don't vote for him,

If no then fugetaboutit. A good leader will not just surround himself with people who agree with him 100%. Same thing goes for Clinton? Do you think Hillary will be getting cunnilingussed in the White House because her husband is a philanderer?

5. kidwoo

kidwoo Celebrating No-Pants Day

Rep/Likes:
    161 / 1,531
    His pastor has some good things to say. :D

I long for the days predating my existence where a president could show up intoxicated, wave his fist and shout obscenities. This country is too damn sensitive.

6. X3pilot

X3pilot Texans fan - LOL

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    God-damn where's bacon in this poll. God-damn the bacon!

7. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Gang probed by the Golden Banana

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    A black man confirming America hasn't been good to black folks? Blasphemy!

8. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Come on, how can you even suggest that? It's not remotely similar. Heck, one of our best employees here is a guy who got out of prison three months ago after five years for manufacturing and distributing meth... I wouldn't want him as PotUS.

If Obama stands for hope, how can he have a spiritual guide who's full of hate?

EDIT: This is NOT just about his Pastor, but the whole DNC and how he's not uniting the DNC.

9. Westy

Westy the teste

Rep/Likes:
    446 / 2,841
    I doubt anyone could unite in a race this close. What the **** do you want him to do? Run around hugging people? He slips up once and Hillary will tear him a new arsehole.

10. DRB

DRB unemployed bum

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    But does he hate poopin' in public places? Because we all hate that.... well except for Burly.

11. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Are you somehow suggesting that Red Rabbit qualifies for PotUS?

12. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Clearly we have different expectations of the man. He's up there at the inspirational level of JFK (fantasy or reality, doesn't matter).

I expect him to call the DNC together and end this in-fighting. If the main people behind the DNC can't convince Hillary to play fair, then they should ALL publically denounce her or tell Obama to be the VP. And Obama should lead this effort. If he's really sincere, he'd accept the VP role. Hell, who the fock wants to be PotUS and clean up GWB's mess? The first term will be nothing but putting out fires anyways and not building a bridge to the future.

13. reflux

reflux Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 2
    I see no problem with his Pastor speaking his mind. In fact, it's a refreshing idea in politics: someone actually speaking their mind and simply not repeating what it is the people want to hear. That being said, the entire country (okay, closed-minded rednecks...50% of population) isn't ready to accept the fact that racism has been, and is, a significant part of society.

14. Westy

Westy the teste

Rep/Likes:
    446 / 2,841

That is where we differ. I couldn't care less about someone being inspiring, often I find it insulting. I just want leaders that work for the greater good of the country, not for special interests. A president doesn't need to be the guy riding the white horse holding a flag in one arm and leading a charge. The president was never intended to be that guy. The executive branch is named just that because they should be the ones that execute the law of the land.

15. $tinkle

$tinkle Expert on blowing

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 5
    :popcorn:

16. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    That's my point exactly.

17. dante

dante Unabomber

Rep/Likes:
    12 / 8
    What's he supposed to say, that he stays home on Sunday morning to watch the Bears play? He'd be branded a muslim (again) in no time.

And there's no way he can unite the DNC at this point, since Hillary is the DNC's choice for a candidate and she'll fight, smear, slander and do whatever else it takes to get the nomination. The only problem is the people (so far) have actually stood up and voted for someone else. the *ONLY* way she can win is if the superdelegates hand her the nomination over the pledged delegates, and she's willing to fight for that chance (and pretty much destroy the DNC in the process). that's unacceptable.

18. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    see post #12.

19. DRB

DRB unemployed bum

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    obama... osama

of course he hates Jews.

20. $tinkle

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 5
    when you factor in hundreds of millions of dollars spent competing against him, and hillary's sense of entitlement to the Office, do you really think this is going to happen? she learned from her husband to suck all the oxygen out of the room, and ain't no way she's going to take a back seat. this is her one shot, yet the people are voting for obama in larger numbers.

this is going to be messier than curt cobain's apt

21. dante

dante Unabomber

Rep/Likes:
    12 / 8
    The ONLY way he can do this is to concede, and why should he, he's ahead? Hillary fighting dirty is no reason for Obama to give up his lead and quit...

So you want the "main people behind the DNC" to overrule the primary voting and decide the nomination? That would completely alienate the 45% of voters so far who've voted for Clinton and somehow still believe that she has a chance.

And there's no chance Obama is going to be VP. Zero. Zilch.
    1) it would destroy his credibility
    2) if Hillary loses, he'll set up perfectly for the 2012 election
    3) if Hillary wins, it'll be the most divisive, partisan government in YEARS (including the last 7) since the republicans will attack her relentlessly, and he'll still be set up perfectly to re-challenge her (and probably win) in 2012.

22. N8 v2.0

N8 v2.0 Not the sharpest tool in the shed

Rep/Likes:
    18 / 149
    W3RD!

Would have been much better off being a 20th/21st century black man in Africa!

23. $tinkle

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 5
    would that be apartheid south africa, the sudan, rwanda, or rhodesia?

edit: oh wait, you're being sardonic

24. $tinkle

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 5
    has anyone else listened to barack's pastor's (now) widely messages? he'd better find a new church or the wheels are coming off. no 2 ways about it.

and another thing: if you were to bring up in casual conversation that barack's half-white whenever his race is discussed, how you think that'll come off? :think:

25. X3pilot

X3pilot Texans fan - LOL

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 0
    Scrub with clorox to become all white?

26. N8 v2.0

Rep/Likes:
    18 / 149
    LOL! Hanity is playing clips of him now... hehhehe

*edit; or so I heard, not that i would be listening to that kind of tripe

27. Echo

Echo crooked smile

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 1
    There are a lot of reasons I'm not qualified to run for president, but being associated with a bunch of assholes at various times during my life... that's really not disqualification criteria IMO.

28. $tinkle

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 5
    i heard it listening to medved while taking an oatmeal soak.

(no loofa; that would be ghay)

29. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Except that he's not associated to this guy, he's a spiritual mentor, someone to be respected.

It's like Farrakhan supporting Obama... Khan's not an advisor, so Obama doesn't have to renounce his idiocy.

30. Echo

Echo crooked smile

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 1
    True enough. I guess it's not too big a deal to me because on some levels I agree. I think if you look at everyone who has a relationship with each presidential candidate, you will find assholes galore. It's sad that campaigning has degraded to people researching each candidates' acquaintances, and looking for dirt on them. It's like "Well, we failed miserably at assailing Obama's character. Bring me a list of everyone he has talked to in the last 20 years!".

31. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    First, I'd like to stress that these people are FAR more than just acquaintances.

Second, after Bush's admin, I think we have a responsibility to look at a candidate's advisors.

Imagine if in 1999-2000 that PNAC and all those associated with it and GWB was made into a huge 'scandal'? To refresh, they said in 1997 that they wanted to invade Iraq. Imagine how different the last seven years would've been if Gore or ANYone else was PotUS?

We have to 'investigate' advisors.

32. Echo

Echo crooked smile

Rep/Likes:
    5 / 1
    I need more than a quote from 5 years ago before I call this pastor the devil. I say more controversial sh!t than that every 10 minutes.

33. BurlyShirley

BurlyShirley Rex Grossman Will Rise Again

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 1
    So... just about every christian pastor bashes gays. Should we hold anyone who regularly attends a christian church to the stand you're holding Obama to Opie?

34. ohio

ohio The Fresno Kid

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 4
    Don't really see how you can blame Obama for the DNC infighting, rather than Hillary. Explain how the guy with more delegates and less negative campaigning is the one that is a divider for not subjugating himself to a theoretical VP candidacy (that will probably never materialize based on Hil's current campaign tactics, should Hil get the nod).

35. N8 v2.0

Rep/Likes:
    18 / 149
    i thought race wasn't an issue this election...

36. skinny mike

skinny mike Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    up until this thread i thought most of LO's political discussions derived from intelligent thoughts.

you are assuming so much about obama. i mean spiritual mentor? maybe if you were lifelong friends with obama i'd believe you on that one. you also make it sound as if everyone who frequently attends religious services takes whatever their pastor/priest/rabbi/whatever says/believes to heart. if that truly were the case, then we'd have a huge problem with male catholics fondling young boys.

37. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    :eek:

38. $tinkle

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 5
    it wasn't as long as obama knew his place.
    now that he's gotten all uppity & starting wooing more voters, it's brought out the inner bitch in hillary.

39. $tinkle

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 5
    10 seconds of googling might have prevented you from posting this drivel.

that's assuming it takes you ten seconds to type "obama spiritual mentor"

40. LordOpie

LordOpie MOTHER HEN

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    So nobody is going to take the time to contemplate the subject?

Obama isn't anyone. McCain isn't anyone. These people want to be PotUS. Both of them have nutjob spiritual leaders.

Am I the only one who sees a problem with this? Are y'all dismissing advisors as irrelevant accessories? What if Obama chose a SecDef who wanted to invade Iran? He's just an advisor? What if McCain chose a Press Secretary who had tourettes?