Quantcast

I passed my polygraph.....

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
So in a few weeks, after they finish the background investigation, I'll be working for the local Police department. And better yet, my new wheels showed up today Chris King ISO hubs on Mavic xmn819 disc rims. My switchblade is pimped! I'm going downstairs to take a picture right now!!

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
TreeSaw said:
Sweet! Congratulations on the new job.

Funny thing is the employment process is like running coast to coast. I applied over a year ago, but they had a hiring freeze. The I inverviewed and was "offered" the job in October, Then I had to fill out a questionaire the likes of which I hadn't seen since my national security days. Then I had to wait and go in for the polygraph, but I had the flu so I had to reschedule. Then they scheduled me for the 23rd of December, as if everyone I wasn't stressed out enough. Then the my job, my father and the exam stressed me out so much they couldn't reliably read the results, so I had to reschdule for today. Now I just need my background check to come back clean (and it will), and I finally done. Whew!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Congrats. It's a nice feeling to be finished with that kinda crap, isn't it? The problem is that there's always another step to worry about...the BI, then training, then tenure, etc. What are you going to be doing for the PD?

I have a former Arizona cop in my current training class.

MD

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
MikeD said:
Congrats. It's a nice feeling to be finished with that kinda crap, isn't it? The problem is that there's always another step to worry about...the BI, then training, then tenure, etc. What are you going to be doing for the PD?

I have a former Arizona cop in my current training class.

MD
I had a TS/SCI by SBI back in the cold war so I've been through everything but the polygraph before. I was so nervous about the polygraph, it's not like I've done anything wrong but it just seemed to scare me.

I'm joining an their I.S. department in a senior position, they have a pretty critical need. They have a problem, given their high standards, filling any position, much less one that has extremely high technical qualifications. Going to an FBI computer forensics course didn't hurt.... How's the *** treating you?

E

enkidu

Sounds like a challenging great job you are qualified to step into. Good luck and have a grand time, Reactor!

E

enkidu

Finding little time to sit, read, ponder and create in between house-building errands, assignments and social engagements. I think I'll cut back my browsing internet time. I'll catch up with your political & cultural 'analyses' from time to time, though. My husband and I really enjoy those. Take care.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
How'd you get SCI without a poly? Seems like it's a requirement these days. I guess it might depend on the program.

In any case, congrats. I hate those things.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
BikeGeek said:
How'd you get SCI without a poly? Seems like it's a requirement these days. I guess it might depend on the program.

In any case, congrats. I hate those things.
I received mine in 1983, they didn't use polygraph back then, Heck I didn't know they used it now. I worked out of Mare Island, just in case you know.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Reactor said:
I received mine in 1983, they didn't use polygraph back then, Heck I didn't know they used it now.
I guess people were a lot more trusting back then. :D

Wait until you have to take your first "lifestyle" poly. Your answers aren't as important as your reactions to the questions. :dead:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
BikeGeek said:
I guess people were a lot more trusting back then. :D

Wait until you have to take your first "lifestyle" poly. Your answers aren't as important as your reactions to the questions. :dead:

LOL, during the warm up session the examiner asked me "what's the worse thing you've seen on the Internet?" I had to explain how some people are so illiterate they pose certain pictures to Alt.binaries.pictures anime, thinking it's for "animal" pictures.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Trainwreck said:
Glad to see you finally got that polygraph out of the way. Since you are now the Bling King are you going to get that thing out and ride it this weekend?:D

I'll try. My knees are killing me. Where you riding tomorrow?