Quantcast

i piled it up yesterday.........

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
first big wreck since i crushed my arm a year ago. fell right on my arm and my head and shoulder. arm is sore but everything seems to be OK. My friends dog wouldnt get out of the way as i was accelerating into a berm on a real cool DH trail. hit the dog then hit a stump that promptly took me from real fast to a dead stop in about 0.0000000001 seconds.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
firetoole said:
tell me you have pics
i wish i did, i came to a stop with my head folded up under me.

it was actually refreshing to wreck hard and get up sore but OK.

i have had a few small wrecks since the broken arm but no major wrecks like this.

i would have to say as well that it was the third worst wreck i have ever had in the dirt.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dan-o said:
I hate riding with dogs, they're always in the way.
normally the dog (throttle) is really good you can tell him to go left or right at intersections, but he just bugged out.

he used to be my dog now he is owned by one of my best friends.

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Ahh I feel yah man. I crashed on my new knee (ACL reconstruction with 2 mensicus tears repaired 5 months ago) a few nights ago... Was riding home from the shop. was a few turns from home, and ate it on a patch of sand in the road(dark out). It sucked. I had to walk it off for a few good minutes, and iced it when I got home. Hurt like crazy in the AM, wore my knee brace all day at work. Took some asprin, and all was good.

Glad to hear your broke yours in too and also that your ok! Its kinda like getting the first scratc on your new bike

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
biggins said:
i wish i did, i came to a stop with my head folded up under me.

it was actually refreshing to wreck hard and get up sore but OK.

i have had a few small wrecks since the broken arm but no major wrecks like this.

i would have to say as well that it was the third worst wreck i have ever had in the dirt.
Glad you're OK!
I know what you mean about the first good wreck. After I broke my leg I was a bit timid on the bike till after I stacked it a few times really good.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
First wreck I had after a broken collar bone was from a friend's dog running right in front of me. OTB, face first into the dog.

Pain and a mouth full of fur. Stupid bitch.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i am fine, the bike is fine and the dog is fine.

as for loonatic, it was the trail that asa wanted to do. it was actually pretty bad ass.

santacruzer87

Monkey
Apr 21, 2005
On my bicycle
biggins said:
first big wreck since i crushed my arm a year ago. fell right on my arm and my head and shoulder. arm is sore but everything seems to be OK. My friends dog wouldnt get out of the way as i was accelerating into a berm on a real cool DH trail. hit the dog then hit a stump that promptly took me from real fast to a dead stop in about 0.0000000001 seconds.

I feel for ya. I fell for the first time the in more than a year the other day. I think I ride pretty conservatively, but when I crash worlds collide. So anyway I was ripping this singletrack in a redwood forrest and I sorta drifted downhill off the trail and I was leaning hard. My front wheel went right into a tree and I sorta clipped the tree but mostly just flew over the bars. I was uber close to a broken collar bone, it was scary.

-Ryan

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Glad you're ok. I am so due, I've been dodging bullets lately. People have been crashing all around me. Last night I was on a night ride in some twisty singletrack. Came around a corner to see my friend fully face and belly down in the middle of the trail, with his leg bent backwards, his bike on top of him, and his foot still in the pedal. Luckily he was fine but it looked like bike yoga. Then about five minutes later another friend crashed right behind me.

Hmmm...must've been the planetary alignment or something cause I took a good digger on Sunday as well.

We were riding the "Crack-Mile-Boyscout" trail up in Pacifica and I clipped a low hanging branch coming down one of the chutes on Crack (at least 4" diameter) that just clothes-lined my happy a**. Took it on the upper left side of the head. Knocked me out for a second or two and woke up face down about 10-15 yards down the trail. We still had 2/3 of the mountain left and I managed to bail another two more times on the way down. I must've been way more loopy than I thought. I still have a headache from it all. :dead: