Quantcast

I pity old and/or ugly people

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Since moving to Colorado, I've truly discovered that you're as old or ugly as you want to be. For example, my neighbor, she's ~40yo, decent looking woman, but acts like she's 70. And I come into work this morning and one of the production ladies in the back is in her mid-50s, has Pink Floyd cranked up and is just rocking to her job.

Then take ugly people. Driving into work, I see too many mean people, a sour look, a cigarette hanging from their mouth...

But my favorite was last ski season, I got to chatting with a couple women on the lift pushing 80yo -- I asked -- and they friggin' schooled me on the slopes.

Old and/or ugly people should just do society a favor and kill themselves.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Originally posted by LordOpie
Since moving to Colorado, I've truly discovered that you're as old or ugly as you want to be. For example, my neighbor, she's ~40yo, decent looking woman, but acts like she's 70. And I come into work this morning and one of the production ladies in the back is in her mid-50s, has Pink Floyd cranked up and is just rocking to her job.

Then take ugly people. Driving into work, I see too many mean people, a sour look, a cigarette hanging from their mouth...

But my favorite was last ski season, I got to chatting with a couple women on the lift pushing 80yo -- I asked -- and they friggin' schooled me on the slopes.

Hold on a second. Aren't you old? ;)

-S.S.-

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
i think your just angry at stupid people because there are some very good looking folks that should stop breathing too.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!

Sounds like you should thank your lucky stars that you turned out perfect. Gosh it must be a struggle to deal with us common folks. Since I am old and ugly I can't seem to pull the trigger.... Could you do me a favor and take me out back and :D...... jdcamb

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY

Wow, nice rant. Hitler would be proud. :thumb:

Also i would just like to know how old you are(not mentally) This sounds like the rant of an 8th grade girl. "eww all those ugly kids should not be talking to me"

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Originally posted by Lexx D

Also i would just like to know how old you are(not mentally) This sounds like the rant of an 8th grade girl. "eww all those ugly kids should not be talking to me"
<tweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet> That's a double-minor for invoking the H-bomb a bit early. :D

-S.S.-

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

Damn it... Lexx D beat me to Godwin's Law...

:mad:

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Hell why don't we put the metally disambled and physically disabled out of thier misery while we're at it.

Opie you deserve one swift

:nuts: for this one

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by HippieKai
i think your just angry at stupid people because there are some very good looking folks that should stop breathing too.
me thinks you didn't read my post. I'm not talking about physical aesthetics or cronological age.

Originally posted by N8
Damn it... Lexx D beat me to Godwin's Law...

:mad:
We need to find you a new hobby :D

Are you not getting laid? Are you not biking?

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Maybe you should revise your statement to say "The old-acting and/or ugly-dispostioned should just do society a favor and kill themselves."

You have otherwise set yourself up for some editorial license-induced abuse.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada

Hey insults from Lexx D - that's a new one! :rolleyes:

I guess I'm the only one who's understanding the point of this thread so let me help you out.

He's saying that old and ugly are merely states of mind and that people have the choice to live there lives any way they want. Many choose the path of living pathetic, dismal lives and that affects the way the look and feel all day, every day.

Choice.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Man, I was hoping if I moved away from Rochester, I could get away from all the fat, mean, negative attitude people that seem to comprise Rochester's population. Guess I'll cross Colorado off the list of potential places to move :(

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Originally posted by Echo
Man, I was hoping if I moved away from Rochester, I could get away from all the fat, mean, negative attitude people that seem to comprise Rochester's population. Guess I'll cross Colorado off the list of potential places to move :(
You should go to Boulder. There are no fat/ugly people there. That is why all the Denver/suburb dwellers hate Boulder - jealous. :D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Maybe you should revise your statement to say "The old-acting and/or ugly-dispostioned should just do society a favor and kill themselves."

You have otherwise set yourself up for some editorial license-induced abuse.
nah, I constructed my post that way on purpose. It's more fun to troll. Granted, I was sincere in my post. So now we have to threads in one... honest discussion about states of minds and a mini-flame fest. It's fun :devil:

Originally posted by Ridemonkey
He's saying that old and ugly are merely states of mind and that people have the choice to live there lives any way they want. Many choose the path of living pathetic, dismal lives and that affects the way they look and feel all day, every day.

Choice.
WINNER!

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by Echo
wait a second here! Fat is a literal state. There's lots of happy, healthy, and good looking fat people. I'm one of 'em! :D

I rode 50 miles in 3 hours Saturday. I can't wait to drop 20# and see how fast I fly.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
wait a second here! Fat is a literal state. There's lots of happy, healthy, and good looking fat people. I'm one of 'em! :D
Heh... I'm not talkin' about brothers who could lose a few pounds... I'm talkin' about the 350 lb moron at the all-you-can-eat Asian Buffet who just emptied the whole vat of General Tso's Chicken on to his plate :dead:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
I think some people are reading Opie's post literally. Doesn't anyone pay attention around here?
Hey I included one of these:D Doesn't that absolve me from being a idiot??

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Since moving to Colorado, I've truly discovered that you're as old or ugly as you want to be.
Yeah, this one older couple I knew were in their mid-80s and only stopped water skiing when they had strokes and their doctor forced them to stop. The wife could ski on one ski:eek:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
My uncle used to say (after being around a cranky old person) "I hope I have a heart attack before I get like that."

It took me years to figure out that he wasn't talking about chronological age...