Quantcast

I prerode the Tapitio Marathon course this past weekend.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
It rained the whole time I was on the course. I think a full loop is 24 miles and it took a long time to preride although I was sometimes waiting on a friend.
If you’re going and it does rain watch out for the large glossy rocks their slick as ice. While it’s raining the course holds up pretty well but when it starts to dry there are a few places where the mud will clump.
I’m still not sure what my race times are going to be but it looks like it’s going to be a LONG 62 miles. If I can average 10mph or better I’ll be happy.
Also keep in mind that everything has teeth, the bushes, the trees and the ground. I don’t run slime and haven’t had a flatting problem out there but it wouldn’t be an unwise decision to run slim or something like it.
BTW looks like rain all this week. The Tapitio course gets really slick and has lots of clumpy spots to be prepared.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
It'll be a long 62 miles riding if you have to walk that last 10 to get back to the start....(sorry, just being a jerk, as usual....)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Wumpus said:
I'm assuming he meant something like:

3 x 24 miles/lap = 72 miles.

72 miles - 62 = 10 miles too many.

OH he ass-sumes to much. it'll be lower,upper,lower,upper,lower. 14+10+14+10+14=ummmm i can figer that high but i'm sure i had a point here...

Oct 2, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Are we talking sticky mud, or just sloppy mud? I don't mind sloppy mud, but sticky mud sucks. I guess I should plan on bringing a few extra water bottles to clean the drivetrain each lap.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Captain Cogset said:
Are we talking sticky mud, or just sloppy mud? I don't mind sloppy mud, but sticky mud sucks. I guess I should plan on bringing a few extra water bottles to clean the drivetrain each lap.
it was sloppy mud because it was still raining. there are a few places that get sticky if the sun comes out and it hasnt rained for a bit but really not that many. There's also a creek that runs through the start/finish area that you can dunk your bike in if it gets that bad :)
Good luck!

J

JRB

Captain Cogset said:
You're coming???

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
loco said:
You're coming???
Yea the Cap is coming down for some Dirty South Comfort Love.

Or as we like to call it the South Texas Death Ride:
Take a look in my mind and justify
Hell, I might even sympathize
But why must you f**k with these things
In my head for so long that I feel I could break
Never forget your lies
Hypocrisize
Five million might change your mind
But why must you f**k with these things
In my head for so long that I feel I could break

So c'mon c'mon c'mon get up get up
South Texas deathride you motherf**k
So c'mon c'mon c'mon get up get up
South Texas man I'm livin' it up

So what if I was your guide
South Texas deathride
Like I said I might sympathize
But why must you f**k with these things I believe
Man it's guilt by association

Oct 2, 2001
Bend, Oregon
loco said:
You're coming???
Yep, I am coming on down. I will be there most of next week trying to get away from the snow and putting some miles on the MTB. Though I am not sure which is worse, snow or mud. At least it shouldn't be cold.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Captain Cogset said:
Yep, I am coming on down. I will be there most of next week trying to get away from the snow and putting some miles on the MTB. Though I am not sure which is worse, snow or mud. At least it shouldn't be cold.
It's 81 and dry today. Looks like rain for a couple of days then cooler at about 70 and a way less chance of rain. We could get lucky :)

J

JRB

Captain Cogset said:
I'll send you my number again. Maybe we can gang up for a ride, if I can get out of work for the afternoon.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
wasn't it supposed to be raining today? i left the apartment this morning expecting to be washed away in a flood.