Quantcast

ryebread

Monkey
Jun 20, 2007
Central Oregon
Oh yeah Champion hoodies as far as the eye could see.

My favorite memories of going to hardcore shows back in the day (mid-Late 90's you know, like way back right?) are all the songs about not stabbing people in the back, scene unity, fighting people who disrupt scene unity, being loyal, setting it off, respect, staying true to your roots, ....uhhhh still making sure not to stab anyone in the back, and more respect, hating people who disrespect and stab people in the back, and....uhhh hahahaha man this is ridiculous just typing all this out.

I need to find old pictures. Scene uniform: Hooded sweatshirt, cargo pants/shorts, running shoes. Jerseys. Windbreakers were popular too. Sometimes I'd rock the windbreaker over the hooded sweatshirt, but only during times of extreme hardcore.

Attachments

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
My favorite memories of going to hardcore shows back in the day (mid-Late 90's you know, like way back right?) are all the songs about not stabbing people in the back, scene unity, fighting people who disrupt scene unity, being loyal, setting it off, respect, staying true to your roots, ....uhhhh still making sure not to stab anyone in the back, and more respect, hating people who disrespect and stab people in the back, and....uhhh hahahaha man this is ridiculous just typing all this out.

I need to find old pictures. Scene uniform: Hooded sweatshirt, cargo pants/shorts, running shoes. Jerseys. Windbreakers were popular too. Sometimes I'd rock the windbreaker over the hooded sweatshirt, but only during times of extreme hardcore.

werd. I'll still get in the mix and throw down some windmills. it's funny how the modern xcore super skinny kids all clear out when my 230lb but gets in there bringing back the late 90's throw down :D

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
I'm 100% cool with it.

I may only be 23, but I'm old enough to realize the way a person dresses means pretty much nothing about that person. Hell, I'm a mechanical engineer at a globally renowned solar energy company, and everyday after work I jump out of my khakis, leather belt, dress shoes and collared shirt and throw on my semi-tight jeans, Van sneakers with skulls, way-too-small-with-funny-graphics band t-shirt and pink Since the Flood belt. If you think I look like a tool, so be it, I'm perfectly content with where I'm at in life.

:clapping:

TheMontashu, :disgust1:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
the only thing Boston has hardcore is their horrible accents
Please tell me you're not basing this off The Departed. It's not THAT bad.:busted:

I learned to kick the Boston accent when I moved out of there. When I see relatives that still live there it is somewhat comical to me to listen to them however.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Please tell me you're not basing this off The Departed. It's not THAT bad.:busted:

I learned to kick the Boston accent when I moved out of there. When I see relatives that still live there it is somewhat comical to me to listen to them however.
you just said its not that bad, but then said its comical.

and no, im not basing it off that horrible movie. my brother lived there for a little bit when he owned his theater...the accent is bad

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
I'm 100% cool with it.

I may only be 23, but I'm old enough to realize the way a person dresses means pretty much nothing about that person.
Heh, yeah, it actually does.

Ok, so it may not be who you are, but it will 100% affect how people judge/interact with you, so....

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Those idiots killed the scene in Boston
Yes, yes they did.

you just said its not that bad, but then said its comical.
Farts aren't always that bad, but they're always comical.

Heh, yeah, it actually does.

Ok, so it may not be who you are, but it will 100% affect how people judge/interact with you, so....
Exactly my point, thanks. More than just fashion (actually, much much more) affects how people judge/interact with you, most often to a much higher degree, so why worry about fashion so much and associate it so closer to who a person is? The only thing more idiotic than dressing like a moron is trying to figure out what "scene" they belong to.

As Drop Dead, Gorgeous (OMFG AN EMO/SCREAMO BAND, GTFO!) says: "Why do it just for the fashion?"

Last edited:

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Yes, yes they did.

Farts aren't always that bad, but they're always comical.

Exactly my point, thanks. More than just fashion (actually, much much more) affects how people judge/interact with you, most often to a much higher degree, so why worry about fashion so much and associate it so closer to who a person is? The only thing more idiotic than dressing like a moron is trying to figure out what "scene" they belong to.

As Drop Dead, Gorgeous (OMFG AN EMO/SCREAMO BAND, GTFO!) says: "Why do it just for the fashion?"
Yah, I agree and I figured that's what you were talking about, but how you dress I think dictates alot about who you are and judgment.

I think how you dress, whether you admit it or not, relays how you WANT people to view you is what im trying to say.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
are you racist against scene kids? thats scenism. not cool :disgust1:

and you might want to keep that you like nfg glory to yourself.
I am racist against scene kids, they suck at life.

and NFG is the ****, we have already been over this. Hardcore kids singing pop punk love songs is the greatest thing ever

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I am racist against scene kids, they suck at life.
Do you ever listen to what you say? Do you truly believe all the crap that you spew? I mean, I understand that you are from NorCal, and with that comes the ingrained sense of righteousness that your opinion is right, that everyone needs to hear it, and they don't deserve to be heard if their opinion differs from yours.... But seriously?

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Do you ever listen to what you say? Do you truly believe all the crap that you spew? I mean, I understand that you are from NorCal, and with that comes the ingrained sense of righteousness that your opinion is right, that everyone needs to hear it, and they don't deserve to be heard if their opinion differs from yours.... But seriously?
When 90% of the scene kids I see around are stupid pieces of ****, who don't go to shows I tend to judge. Not saying I'm right or a good person because of it. I tend to be pretty good at listening to other peoples opinions, but when you are a dumb ass kid who hangs out at the mall and doesn't have any opinions i tend to think very little of you.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
When 90% of the scene kids I see around are stupid pieces of ****, who don't go to shows I tend to judge. Not saying I'm right or a good person because of it. I tend to be pretty good at listening to other peoples opinions, but when you are a dumb ass kid who hangs out at the mall and doesn't have any opinions i tend to think very little of you.
Here's a concept... If they are not adversely affecting your life, ignore them. It makes life a lot easier.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
twice.
First time was 2 Saturdays ago now. me and my buddy were ridding over to the burrito place to get food. We saw some scene kids in front of toys-r-us, and per my usual response to those goofy looking ****s I busted up laughing. one of them was all "come say that to my face" so I did and he hit me in the chin. I hoped off my bike and hit him in the face 3 or 4 times till he hit the ground, then I realized it was a Saturday at 12:30 and we were blocking traffic in the parking lot, so I probably shouldn't go actually beat the kid up. As I'm leaving the kid is on the ground trying to talk ****, I laugh at him and proceed to inform him how he just got pwned and there were to many people around for me to finish and I left.

THEN, yesterday I was at the mall and the kid was outside, I proceeded to laugh again, being that the kid still had a nice little shiner over a week later. He said something to the effect of "you wanna keep talking ****" so I walked up and asked if he wanted to get his ass kicked again, then he told me that him and his friends were ganna whop my ass. I rack the kid in the nose, and it starts bleeding (i don't think i broke it though, i didn't hit him all that hard) then his 3 friends proceed to back up and start leaving. Mall security rolled out and I jumped on my bike and cut. Fin dumb ass scene kids with there silly ass hair and makeup need to learn to keep there damn mouths shut.
Hmmmm...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Montashu, you know I got your back.

All the way in the back, ducking down while you pummel some 110lb a-hole.