Quantcast

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
My favorite memories of going to hardcore shows back in the day (mid-Late 90's you know, like way back right?) are all the songs about not stabbing people in the back, scene unity, fighting people who disrupt scene unity, being loyal, setting it off, respect, staying true to your roots, ....uhhhh still making sure not to stab anyone in the back, and more respect, hating people who disrespect and stab people in the back, and....uhhh hahahaha man this is ridiculous just typing all this out.

I need to find old pictures. Scene uniform: Hooded sweatshirt, cargo pants/shorts, running shoes. Jerseys. Windbreakers were popular too. Sometimes I'd rock the windbreaker over the hooded sweatshirt, but only during times of extreme hardcore.
Hmm... When I was a kid the songs were about chicks, booze and fighting. What the hell happened to the American teenager? :disgust1:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Hmm... When I was a kid the songs were about chicks, booze and fighting. What the hell happened to the American teenager? :disgust1:
There still songs about drinking and doing drugs, in hardcore they are just usually against those things. They also sing about fighting ALL the time, both for and against it.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I remember when i was in school. There were jocks, skaters, mods, cowboys, gangstas, trench coat mafia (dungeons and dragons nerds), and posers. That was about it. Now there are way too many. It's almost like you need to see a family tree to see where all of the others came from.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Good god. Could you imagine how bright it would be when he cranked on all of those lights? What if all of those lights were the old skool kind that had the little wheel that rubs on your tire? Damn.