Quantcast

i quit........

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
binary visions said:
I'm waiting until I get home to view that one, since it's got a lot of pictures. I'm sure some other work monkeys are doing the same.
hmm i never thought about that. Man doin the monkey at work you gotta keep it on the downlow. haha that sounds funny "doin the monkey at work". :dancing:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Skookum said:
hmm i never thought about that. Man doin the monkey at work you gotta keep it on the downlow.
Well, I could look at the thread, but in threads with lots of pictures I like to take my time and look through the pictures carefully... Text can easily be work related, pictures of a road trip are harder to explain :D

grundy

Chimp
Oct 18, 2004
biggins said:
i am getting rid of my as-x for a road bike and an urban hardtail. i will eventually buy a used full suspension XC bike.

there are many reasons for this move to the non dirt/dh/freeride world of which i dont really feel like going into.

my bike is at pro bikes in asheville right now up for grabs for 1500.00 bucks. screamin deal by the way.
Have fun with it! My road bike has been hanging in the garage for about two years now, but in the past I lived in a more road bike worthy area (tons of scenic roads, epic climbs and descents, and not many cars) and from time to time I miss the old days of road riding.

Sounds like you live in similar area. Enjoy the road, it's got a lot to offer.

D

d-sop

scurban said:
I can't say that I blame you. I quit dh too.

Unless you live in near a chair lift, DH is pretty useless. Most of the time you have to ride up hill, so you can ride downhill which sucks. by the time you get to the top of the hill your too tired to ride down with any sort of speed.

Then you have to start putting stupid parts on your big hit bike like front derailers, which completely deny you of doing any sort of cool trick like barspins tailwhips, and truck drivers. So all you can do is ride up the trail then down. Might as well just ride a XC bike! Not to mention the cost. You can buy a great urban bike for right around $1000. you can't even get a frame and fork at that price for a DH rig.

road bikes are great, you can ride really fast, and dodge in and out of traffic. Urban bikes allow you to do tricks, and be creative in finding new places to do them.

Big bikes are dead!

I'm gald to see someone else has jumped on the same bandwagon as me!
word.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Yo Ben,
I am sure you have your reasons for getting out of the DH/Freeride thing,
and I can understand that for sure.
But it seems odd to get off the dirt all together. It seems like you would really miss trailriding. I was thinking about that coming home from Pisgah this weekend, I could quit everything else but trailriding and still be happy.
Depending on how you set it up, an urban hardtail could be used for trailriding as well though, but you did mention getting off of dirt all together.
You will be back on the dirt soon enough though. No way around it. :blah:
Good Luck.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Jeremy R said:
Yo Ben,
I am sure you have your reasons for getting out of the DH/Freeride thing,
and I can understand that for sure.
But it seems odd to get off the dirt all together. It seems like you would really miss trailriding. I was thinking about that coming home from Pisgah this weekend, I could quit everything else but trailriding and still be happy.
Depending on how you set it up, an urban hardtail could be used for trailriding as well though, but you did mention getting off of dirt all together.
You will be back on the dirt soon enough though. No way around it. :blah:
Good Luck.
i am not done with riding xc, i am going to be purchasing a used xc bike from the shop owner at some point. i am just through with the whole freeride/dh thing. there are too many trails to not trailride.