Quantcast

I ran afoul of the law today TWICE.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
First...out posting little ads for the dining set we're selling. Stopped outside the drugstore. run inside and pinned it up, come back out, and a cop is sitting behind my car. Long story short. Let's me off with a warning. he was a dick though

20 mins later, I'm at Canadian Tire buying a life jacket for my daughter. I'm walking away from my car when a twerp in a 97-ish civic feels that I'm not moving fast enough, (we're staring each other down) and he grazes my leg with his bumper. I curse at him and enter the store. I buy my life jacket and leave. By this point I've thought about it and I'm REALLY pissed. I call my wife to see what she thinks...to ee if it's worth making a fuss over. The guy is parked right behind me (more or less). As I'm on the phone, the prick walks out. I say, "you actually hit me you know.". He begins to curse and swear. I curse and swear back (He's from Nova Scotia, according to his plates). He denies touching me. He dares me to call the cops. So I do.

Cops arrive. things cool off. Turns out the guy was driving without his license. BUT because the stupid license bureau is/was on strike, people cannot be penalized for "administrative infractions" because renewals and all that could be in process, and they are all backed up. Frickin' union.

So anyway...the matter is dropped because the really was nothing to pursue. I was not hurt obviously. He was just a dick. The cop was totally cool though.

After re-reading this....this is kind of a lame story.

Um....so then we engaged in a high speed chase which resulted in a Dukes of Hazzard-like flight into the lake.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
MMike said:
First...out posting little ads for the dining set we're selling. Stopped outside the drugstore. run inside and pinned it up, come back out, and a cop is sitting behind my car. Long story short. Let's me off with a warning. he was a dick though
Were you parked in a Handicaped spot? Or a fire lane? Or some other no parking zone you were too important to be bothered with? Or was the cop just a dick plain and simple?

smedford

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
Bellingham, WA
If there was not a crippled person in the spot and he was only pinning the flyer up, no big deal. Hell, I see so many open hc spaces now. Either there are less handicapped people now, or there are too many spots.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
smedford said:
If there was not a crippled person in the spot and he was only pinning the flyer up, no big deal. Hell, I see so many open hc spaces now. Either there are less handicapped people now, or there are too many spots.

The answer is obvious. We need to cripple more people...

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
Reactor said:
Were you parked in a Handicaped spot? Or a fire lane? Or some other no parking zone you were too important to be bothered with? Or was the cop just a dick plain and simple?
He was blocking the entrance to the donut shop.

Cooter Brown

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2002
Snow Hall, tweakin on math
I'm listening to the tribute album to Waylon Jennings and it kicks the most ass ever, even better than your DOH style jump into the lake

and yes, I too cannot wait until the Dukes movie, as I now have the Jessica Simpson video tivo'd with her luvvin on the General

and one that you Loco will probably appreciate, and you alone, I went last nite for my 30th party and saw Jason Boland & The Stragglers with The Red Dirt Rangers at the home of Bob Wills and it kicked ass :thumb:

J

JRB

Cooter Brown said:
I'm listening to the tribute album to Waylon Jennings and it kicks the most ass ever, even better than your DOH style jump into the lake

and yes, I too cannot wait until the Dukes movie, as I now have the Jessica Simpson video tivo'd with her luvvin on the General

and one that you Loco will probably appreciate, and you alone, I went last nite for my 30th party and saw Jason Boland & The Stragglers with The Red Dirt Rangers at the home of Bob Wills and it kicked ass :thumb:
right on - I am sure the show rocked. Happy birthday, whenever it was, I don't remember seeing. I already miss Waylon.

gigapower

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Isn't the Cain's so much nicer since they fixed that place up and actually added some real AC to the place, not just a huge ass fan with the door open.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Same old story, the man just a keeping you down. And it is the same answer as always, you just have to stick it to the man when ever you can.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Speaking of HC spots, some lady parked in front of the curb cut, blocking the HC entrance to a hotel lobby, which made it hard to get my uncle inside (para), turns out she had a HC placard on her mirror. What gives?