Quantcast

I really appriciate this thread.....

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I happend to be over at MTBR trying to delete my bike ad and saw that they added a women's forum. I decided to take a peek and let me tell you, I'm so appriciative of this forum! It's one big cat fight over there! Lots of negativity, and not a lot a support for one another. There are some positive threads but the most replied to thread was one were some girls (and a couple guys) are just ripping each other to threads! Absolutely ridiculous stuff like one girl made fun of another girl because she wore pink cycling clothes (she's a velo bella team rider). I really enjoy having a place to connect with riders from out of my area in a non-hostile environment!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
okay, I think I meant to say "I really appriciate this forum....", not thread! Long day at work! I'm glad no one here likes to correct grammer!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Yeah, that was the first one I saw over there and it was brutal. I really think that one chick just got way too worked up, over something that she misinterpreted in the first place (sarcasm!). There are positive threads, there are just some really funny ones too! Are there any other girls from MTBR that post over here?

KPicha

Velma
Aug 3, 2002
Northern, VA
Too bad that's the first thread b/c there was a lot more good stuff going before that.

I haven't recognized any names from MTBR coming here and vice versa. I may be the lone "traitor" :)

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
I do like our MudHunnies forum here....it's nice to talk to other chickys who love to ride and are supportive of one another!

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
(even though i'm new to mud hunnies...) i second that emotion. cool spot with good peeps.

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Yep...I'm with DH Diva. So many of the women's forum's on other sites are way too catty. It's been so much fun chatting with all the cool girlies on this site.:D I just wish we all lived a bit closer to each other so we can ride together more often!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I like that things are perking up here even if I don't have much to add at the moment. Active is good.

me- I was ill (ER/kidney stones/surgery) for a couple of weeks, and even tho it's really getting nice out, I'm struggling to get back out and do ANYTHING. There's so much catching up to do, but I know I have to carve out some time for self care/exercise/fun on bikes. I have a committmet to myself to at least get to the gym this afternoon.

geargrrl

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
dhjill-I agree 100%. I have met some really great ladies through Mud Hunnies and am so bummed that we all live so far apart and can't ride together at more then just race practices. Although I will be racing more in washington this season I will get to see and ride with velocity girl quite a bit! Jill, do you think you'll make it up to the Big Bear national (even if it's just to visit)??

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
It would be nice if all us mudhunnies lived closer together....then we could bike and motorcycle ride together :D

That'll be great if you come to some of the WA races DHDiva.....it's awesome that we've gotten a decent sized group of pro females in the PNW....in nice to have a bigger class to race in even at the local level!! :D

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i had to go over there and check it out. i love internet drama. that is ridiculous. one of them made the comment that some people think that "just because we ride mountain bikes, we should all just get along, and thats just not true." i dont know about you ladies, but i am willing to put any petty differences aside to ride with somebody. (with a very few execptions). especially another mudhunnie because i just dont get to ride with a lot of ladies.

cattieness has its time and place and sometimes i just need to be catty for two minutes even, but an internet board is certainly not that time or place to show off a very annoying personality flaw.

oh well, guess we are just some lucky women. i wish i lived closer as well so i could ride with some of you.

i say we pick a location in the country and all move there. ha i imagine after living with each other long enough we'd become rather catty too.:p

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Originally posted by DH Diva
Jill, do you think you'll make it up to the Big Bear national (even if it's just to visit)??
Oh yeah, I'll be there for sure. If I'm somewhat healed up by then, I may even try to race since I'd like to qualify for that 1-day National thing in Mammoth. My goal is to race both DH and Singlespeed at that race (they have a women's singlespeed National Championship this year!).

I just wanna get healed up so I can start riding again! This is killin' me....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Originally posted by Velocity Girl
How is the healing process coming along Jill?
Hey VG!

It's coming along pretty good although I'm as bored as hell on the weekends!!! I get the staples out next week which will be nice since those damn things are a beeeaaatch under my cast. So far, my doctor is really please with how things look but's it's still too soon to tell how long I'll be out of commission. I can't wait to start riding again!!! I may even start racing DH again...we'll see.;)

J

JRB

Girls have no place on mountain bikes.

j/k - I was greatly impressed by the chicks at the national. They are awesome.