Quantcast

I really do ride bikes, I promise...

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Proof, from last Sunday's Super D.

And yes, I paid the price for not wearing pads quite heavily. :mumble:

That race kicked my ass in more then one way.

Props to Sean Bagshaw from outdoorexposurephoto.com for the photo.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Sweet deal! How was it? I want to race the Super D at Willamette Pass this Saturday, but I don't want to get my ass kicked so bad I can't race the Sunday DH.

Are you going to WP this weekend?

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
jimmydean said:
Sweet deal! How was it? I want to race the Super D at Willamette Pass this Saturday, but I don't want to get my ass kicked so bad I can't race the Sunday DH.

Are you going to WP this weekend?
I think so. Fvck the Super D though, I would much rather race a regular DH.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
.:Jeenyus:. said:
I think so. Fvck the Super D though, I would much rather race a regular DH.
If I get the back brake on my Ruckus working properly, I will race that for the Super D. No way in hell I'm rolling the Yakuza for 12 miles :D

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Heidi said:
Where did you crash?
In the singletrack after the long climb at the top. I was sitting down and pedaling on a slight downhill (going rather fast) and managed to catch my pedal on a long that was right on the edge of the trail. Threw me over the bars quite fast.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
In the singletrack after the long climb at the top <snip>
Climb? I was told it was downhill or flat at best? How much "climb" was there? Screw that, I race DH to AVOID the "c" word. Sheesh.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
jimmydean said:
Climb? I was told it was downhill or flat at best? How much "climb" was there? Screw that, I race DH to AVOID the "c" word. Sheesh.
That had waaaay more climbing than a normal Super D. They claim it was 600 feet, but I'm completely sure it was more than that.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
jimmydean said:
This was the Mt. Ashland Super D........There was a HUGE climb towards the top.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
In the singletrack after the long climb at the top. I was sitting down and pedaling on a slight downhill (going rather fast) and managed to catch my pedal on a long that was right on the edge of the trail. Threw me over the bars quite fast.
Dang, you had a long way to go still too.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Heidi said:
That had waaaay more climbing than a normal Super D. They claim it was 600 feet, but I'm completely sure it was more than that.
Are you hitting WP this weekend? I will be there both days, but I have yet to decide if I will race both days or spend Saturday on practice runs for Sunday.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
jimmydean said:
Are you hitting WP this weekend? I will be there both days, but I have yet to decide if I will race both days or spend Saturday on practice runs for Sunday.
Yes, I am racing Super D, but I think I'll skip DH on Sunday and ride MRT instead.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Was there a Super D there last year? If so, did you race it? How was the course? This is my first year racing and I'm temped to race both days based on the drive.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
jimmydean said:
Was there a Super D there last year? If so, did you race it? How was the course? This is my first year racing and I'm temped to race both days based on the drive.
We'll be there for both the races. I'm trying to get over a sleeping issue I have had the past week, so I'm not sure if I'll race both, but we are for sure racing the DH.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Snacks said:
We'll be there for both the races. I'm trying to get over a sleeping issue I have had the past week, so I'm not sure if I'll race both, but we are for sure racing the DH.
Sweet! A solid show of monkeys would rock! I am heading up wicked early on Saturday and will take it from there. I don't know if anyone from my team is racing the Super D or not. Either way it should be a great weekend for all.