Quantcast

I really like riding bikes

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I haven't ridden as much as I would like in June and July due to loss of employment and 100* temps half the time. The last week and a half I have gotten back on the bandwagon.

I really enjoy riding my bike, with my son, my girl, her daughter, my friends, myself....I'm really not picky, I just enjoy it. I am hoping to take advantage of a new work schedule and ride my balls off August through november.

Then....I hope to snowboard like crazy this winter.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yeah bikes! Finally done with school & family obligations (vacation was nice but not much riding). Just switched back to flats for trail riding and am enjoying it quite a bit. I also plan to bring my son to the local BMX track to try it out and maybe race, who knows - a bit scary but also exciting. Last, looking forward to getting back on the DH bike this upcoming weekend and maybe even race.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Awesome! My road miles are way up, mtn numbers are down.
I've getting a good mix of both. I love being able to hop on the roadie and get a good ride in without having to drive 30 minutes.

I haven't touched a bicycle since June 30th. I've been loving it.
the hell is wrong with you?

Yeah bikes! Finally done with school & family obligations (vacation was nice but not much riding). Just switched back to flats for trail riding and am enjoying it quite a bit. I also plan to bring my son to the local BMX track to try it out and maybe race, who knows - a bit scary but also exciting. Last, looking forward to getting back on the DH bike this upcoming weekend and maybe even race.
you headed to platterkill this weekend?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I've getting a good mix of both. I love being able to hop on the roadie and get a good ride in without having to drive 30 minutes.
That's pretty much my situation. I have some really good trails about 10 minutes from me, but while the quality is good, quantity is bad - only about 45 minutes worth of riding. I have amazing road riding right out my front door, but to get any good, long rides in the dirt I have to drive 45 mins.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
I haven't ridden as much as I would have liked this year, caught a few bad breaks in terms of weather and vacations interfering. That said I haven't done too poorly, still have managed to get out 30 or so times this year.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Got sick of it. Doing other things.
that's crazy talk. You should be assshamed.

Hoping for this - weather Fri into Sat doesn't sound so hawt thus far, but I may go 4 it anyway. Not sure if racing or riding. Probably will pony up, though. You thinking about it, too?
Always thinking about it. Love plattekill. Not sure I care for racing anymore. The sport course will also probably be significantly more aerobic than the ex course, like every year, leaving my fat self out of breath and tired faster than the kids who apparently train for this year round.

That's pretty much my situation. I have some really good trails about 10 minutes from me, but while the quality is good, quantity is bad - only about 45 minutes worth of riding. I have amazing road riding right out my front door, but to get any good, long rides in the dirt I have to drive 45 mins.
I have a road loop that I call the "tour de rich". I head out my front door, and within 20 minutes I'm in the second most expensive and exclusive neighborhood in MA. Then I hit this first, then the third, and then back. The roads are great and the views are spectacular, and drivers are exceptionally friendly. It's hard to argue with for an evening ride.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
My goal was always to climb more feet on my MTB than I fly in miles on American Airlines. Luckily a travel freeze and a sabbatical where I had 2 weeks on the bike helped push me far ahead. Now a new job will put me back on the airplanes and more travel over weekends means less time in the saddle. The good news is I now work close enough to ride to work. Time will tell.

Stay on the bike!

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I'm thinking if I sign up for the XC racing series again in 2013, I'll be more motivated to ride... Motivation is seriously lacking here!

But then it's almost ski season, and I have a lot of motivation for that one this year!