Quantcast

I really need some advice...

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Here's the deal: My buddy and I both bought new Giant DH Comps from the LBS last week. We were told that the first boatload of bikes due in from Asia was completely sold out, and that it would be March 1st before the first bikes would arrive. Now it turns out that the shop is going to get one of the bikes in from the first boatload, and the second from the second.

So here's my dilemma; I paid in full on the spot, and my buddy only paid what he had as a down payment (he only needs $350 to finish payment, and has it now). Should I take the bike when it comes in, or flip a coin with him to see who takes it? I've been without a bike for about 3 months now, and he's got a bike ready to ride sitting in his house.

If it sounds bias, it's because it is - I really want a bike to ride. At the same time, I want to hook a friend up with a new bike that he's been talking about since last fall. I'm looking to you guys - fellow bikers, to see what I should do.

yojimborace

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
SC
Ask him what he thinks about it. If he says you can have it, take it. I think he'll understand. If he wants it first flip a coin.

joelsman

Turbo Monkey
Feb 1, 2002
B'ham
tell your friend that since he has a bike he can ride and you don't, you should get the first one. let him ride it a bit to be nice.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
joelsman said:
tell your friend that since he has a bike he can ride and you don't, you should get the first one. let him ride it a bit to be nice.
:thumb: If you don't have a bike to ride, you should either get the first one, or let him get the first one and borrow whatever he was riding.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
We do ride the same size bike. We are good friends.

I was looking for a "f*ck you, it's, it's my bike" for re-assurance, but I guess a coin toss would be best..... lol.....

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
Why, oh why can't Giant have two bikes here.... Thanks for all the advice, my buddy read this thread and told me that I should take it as I don't have a bike.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
If he has a bike and you're stuck, I'd say he'd be a pretty lousy friend to deny you two wheels to ride on.