Quantcast

I recognized I might be adulting when...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I had a little bit of a flashback today. I was looking at the contact list in my iPhone, and I realized that almost every contact has their legal first and last name entered, even updated for marriage. It's a far cry from the days first names only, perhaps with the possibility of an initial, or seeing code names like "Soup2Nutz" and "Naughty Nurse Lisa" (there was also a "Nurse Lisa" who was her friend but decidedly less naughty), or band mates and club kids like "Bo Toxicuh." I think I might have adulted a little.

Your turn.

Go.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
i realized it when I couldnt do $150 worth of blow, and drink 19 beers and 4 shots of old grandad, get hit by a car and get up at 8am and go skateboard most of the day.

Also when I deleted the girl from my contact list only known as shitbeak

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
The Treachery Of Images
ceci n'est pas un adult?

ok, fine, i'll play.
achy. not sore, but achy.
also, when kids, if you take it seriously.
but one thing i find interesting: as long as i can remember, i always thought of my parents as "old" parents...i guarantee my kids don't think of me that way. no way in hell my parents would ever go to hardcore shows, get shitfaced, or ride dh when i was the same age my kids are now.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
ceci n'est pas un adult?

ok, fine, i'll play.
achy. not sore, but achy.
also, when kids, if you take it seriously.
but one thing i find interesting: as long as i can remember, i always thought of my parents as "old" parents...i guarantee my kids don't think of me that way. no way in hell my parents would ever go to hardcore shows, get shitfaced, or ride dh when i was the same age my kids are now.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
Funny side story about shitbeak. We were driving home one night I jokingly said bitch please to her over something and she smacked me while she was driving, so I pulled her hair (which in any other situation to her was a good thing) except this time she swerved and we hit a telephone pole, blew a tire and broke a headlight and mirror.

That was also the the start of my no sleeping with shitbeak period. I was like a ziplock bag full of vomit and diharrea incarnated as a human during that period of time.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I was going through the iPod and was realizing that I had bought some of these punk albums on cassette tape over 20 years ago. I also get annoyed when I see young kids wearing old punk t-shirts like Op Ivy and the Ramones because it's popular to do so (even though I've been far from punk looking for many many years).

I also say the phrase "damn kids now a days" way too often.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was going through the iPod and was realizing that I had bought some of these punk albums on cassette tape over 20 years ago. I also get annoyed when I see young kids wearing old punk t-shirts like Op Ivy and the Ramones because it's popular to do so (even though I've been far from punk looking for many many years).

I also say the phrase "damn kids now a days" way too often.
I think I say "damn parents now a days" more. but I am a judgmental asshole.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
reading glasses
:stupid:

Staring at a computer monitor for 35 years has not done well for my eyes it seems.

<edit> I am a grandpa, suck on that for a little bit. I am younger than my father was when he became a grandpa, but I also have a lot less kids.

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I had a little bit of a flashback today. I was looking at the contact list in my iPhone, and I realized that almost every contact has their legal first and last name entered, even updated for marriage. It's a far cry from the days first names only, perhaps with the possibility of an initial, or seeing code names like "Soup2Nutz" and "Naughty Nurse Lisa" (there was also a "Nurse Lisa" who was her friend but decidedly less naughty), or band mates and club kids like "Bo Toxicuh." I think I might have adulted a little.

Your turn.

Go.
uh-everyone mostly still has nick names in my phone....waht does that mean?
Dookie, BDK, JuJu...mine are more benign though.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I can't sleep in now, without getting up to take a piss at 8am. I've tried and tried, but that stuff is coming out one way or another. Used to be able to just roll over and go back to sleep.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I realized it when numbers started having "XYZ's mom/dad" in the notes.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I ate pizza covered in various kinds of pork last night. Have woken up feeling hungover and shitty, despite not having any beers.