I remember when this was a Bike forum??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
DRB said:
There is very little difference between the two right now. 18 vs 19 posts. 209 vs 223 reads.

Now if you were to compare the numbers of the Front Range post to the ones of this non bike related thread, then you might have something. :mumble:
Shocking huh?

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
The lounge is for chitter chatter. There are a shatload of specific bike related forums where nothing but bikes are discussed.

Jeez the drama in this thread. Funny stuff.

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
I'm with jdcamb in that I think this forum could use more bike topics. But its always been a place where people just post whatever bs they're thinking right now, and that seems to make most folks happy so I don't worry about it. I go other places for bikes. And I post a lot more in other places as well.

jdcamb said:
We have threads about Baby poop, Girl problems, Music, N8's news crap (I can get CNN.com myself), the Respect circus, etc.. The stuff about bikes sinks into nowhere land after 3 posts?? You guys don't ride anymore? I used to love to logon and read about bikes, who got a new one, where somebody went to ride, a race, questions about equipment, Location photos, etc.. Monday AM on the Monkey was cool. Now I am afraid it is just about Baby poop?? Come on guys who cares about Baby poop on a Mountain Bike forum.....Rant over......jdcamb

have you tried EVERY OTHER forum on RM?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i've tried to get cool ideas to fly like bigger avatar sizes, bringing back the green, keeping the protect your castle game in the arcade, and making Serial Midget an Admin.... but almost every single suggestion has fallen on deaf ears.

What's my point then?

no point....

i just thought this thread is a great place to complain. :p

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
splat said:
I 'd much rather see some biking Pics , or Bike talk, than pics of some moron fagget running around in a bed sheet. and I have noticed when I post my Riding pics , they quickly drop off of the page.
splat, take a few deep breaths, relax, it's ok....... old bikey threads go to heaven when there are bikey pics in them, so don't fret. They don't really die they go to bikey thread heaven. ok feelin better? that's good. ;)

jdcamb,

When I rode today it was stupid hot and muggy, so I wasn't what you'd call roaring along. It always takes me a half hour to get my metabolism going, which eats up half the usual lunch time ride anyway. Mid-July and it's still wet - the year of the mud holes, the year of the chain suck, the year of gritty noises from places on the bike I didn't figure could make them.

The bugs, however, are not that bad. I think that most of them drowned. Even so, a few mosquitos and deerflys always manage their milligram of blood, providing reason to keep moving even if it's hot.

I met one other rider on the trail, on a Cannondale. I still can't understand why people buy Cannondales. Not a part on them that's not so special that nobody has it in stock, and wouldn't know how to install it if they did.

I don't understand how mud and dry sand can coexist, but the do at Camp Johnson, and that's even worse for the bits and pieces than the mud alone. An obvious conspiracy by and of the mineral components of the earth to destroy bikes.

Last week, I rode Mobbs for the first time, and didn't know whether to regret not having ridden it before or to savor the fact that I had saved it for later. Very nice trail.

It's supposed to rain for the balance of the week up here. I'm planning to ride Thursday with one or two people from work, and have no definite idea where we'll be headed. Even rain is good. :dancing:

J

Status
Not open for further replies.