Quantcast

I Ride for Tyler Blick @ Highland Mountain Bike Park

isabbisr

Monkey
Aug 9, 2002
NJ
Just wanted to let everyone know about a cool fundraiser / race / event going on during the ProGRT at Highland Mountain Bike Park next weekend:

Here’s the story:

Last June our buddy Tyler (son of industry veteran and friend to all Steve Blick) developed a fever that lasted 8 days, leading Steve and Jen (mom) to take Tyler to the hospital for testing. After extensive blood and bone marrow exams it was revealed that Tyler was suffering from ALL Pre B (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia-which is a type of Blood Cancer). Since then the Blick’s have been riding the non-stop roller coaster ride to beat cancer. This involves aggressive chemo and many a day away from their home in Mission Viejo, CA to the Rady Children’s Hospital in San Diego, CA (80 miles each way). To help alleviate the mounting bills associated with their battle, we’re hoping to raise some money through a fun event at Highland Mountain Bike Park.

The event:
It’s a race to see how many laps you can get in at Highland in one day.
When you show up at Highland just go to the Highland tent next to the lift and pick up your “I Ride for Tyler Blick @ Highland” punch card and hit the lift. Every time you get on the lift line, look for the guy marking the cards. We’ll punch your card, write it down for our records, and send you up the hill. The rider with the most runs on Saturday May 14th will win the grand prize. Everyone else will be entered into a raffle to win a bunch of other prizes and swag. Prizes include a Rock Shox Boxxer, Highland Season Pass, and an X Fusion Vengeance

You can register that morning at Highland or you can pre-register online at:
http://highlandmountain.com/3110-2

Can’t make it but still want to help? Check out Tyler’s Caring Bridge journal: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tylerblick

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Uhhm May 14th? That is the same day/weekend as the pro GRT. This could get interesting...I predict the person with the most runs is the one who by passes the lift line and hikes to the top.