Quantcast

I, Robot

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Saw it last night, even though it was nothing like the books AT ALL, I thought it was pretty good. Way better than I expected. Will Smith probably could have done a little better, but overall it was cool :thumb:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Yea, it wasn't bad. A good rental, but glad I didn't pay $8 to see it in the theater. Good flick for surround sound setups.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Oh ok...so if you saw it...and didn't like it, it probably means it was good...
What would be good is my foot in...nevermind.

J

JRB

Echo said:
What specifically didn't you like about it? Or are you just being a jerk because I made a thread.
No - not being a jerk. I am now being nice to everyone, except maybe stoney. I thought that it was a little corny. No specifics really. I did like the way the story ended. That was kind of cool. I suppose 'tear my eyes out' was a bit strong. I just didn't love it.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I thought the ending was cool too. It's about damn time someone had the nads to make a movie where the ending wasn't all boxed up nice with a pretty bow on top.

But if they make a sequel, that will totally ruin it.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
want a copy of it?
i didn't mind the movie at all. was pretty good. too bad it wasn;t like the book though

i also HATE with a passion the Kill Bill series. :p

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
hey Echo go get your hat from Ralphy already..dammit!
so you can wear it around at your race....
Victor and i still think you're a wuss for not going on the TUNA ride.
thanks for starting this lovely thread

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
that movie was torture to sit through.

i was forced to watch it twice on a flight back from europe. i guess delta is so hard to keep from going bankrupt that they couldn't afford to play two different movies.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
ugh. we "saw" that on a plane. just when i got interested the damn monitors started going out, so i just listened to the rest & dozed off.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
DVNT said:
that movie was torture to sit through.

i was forced to watch it twice on a flight back from europe. i guess delta is so hard to keep from going bankrupt that they couldn't afford to play two different movies.

Ugh...I had to sit through Harry Potter twice on one flight back from Mexico...everytime I looked up at the screen...some inanimate object was flying :rolleyes:

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Echo said:
Saw it last night, even though it was nothing like the books AT ALL, I thought it was pretty good. Way better than I expected. Will Smith probably could have done a little better, but overall it was cool :thumb:

Ick. Azimov has to be rolling in his grave right now.

And those robots? Is that the best we can do with computer animation right now? This film would be PERFECT fodder for Mystery Science Theater.....

2 thumbs down.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I liked it. Good Sci-Fi, despite Will Smith's attempt to crapify it.

I think a curmudgeony old dude who hated the robots would have been better for the script than hip-hop cop with a robo arm ;)

I'm thinking DeNiro or Christopher Walken would have been good. Hard to make those old dudes do action stuff though :)

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Echo said:
I thought the ending was cool too. It's about damn time someone had the nads to make a movie where the ending wasn't all boxed up nice with a pretty bow on top.

But if they make a sequel, that will totally ruin it.
Hey, hate to change the subject (yeah, like that never happens) but on the topic of movies with sugar-coated endings, I got suckered into seeing "In Good Company" a few weekends ago. It was absolute murder with a pg rating. :mumble:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I liked how they threw in a adverstisment for converse all stars. And how is stereo was a brand name, along with his car and motorcycle.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
mack said:
I liked how they threw in a adverstisment for converse all stars. And how is stereo was a brand name, along with his car and motorcycle.
I liked how you just tried to steal from maddox and act like it was your idea.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
DHS said:
hey Echo go get your hat from Ralphy already..dammit!
so you can wear it around at your race....
Victor and i still think you're a wuss for not going on the TUNA ride.
thanks for starting this lovely thread
DHS,

Are you always such an asshat, or is today just a rare exception?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
mack said:
It's not like they put a McDonalds in Middle Earth. What were they supposed to do, make up a bunch of brands for everything?

ET_SoCal

Monkey
Aug 10, 2001
C-Me Valley, CA
Funny that the movie Blade Runner was much better than the book;Do androids dream...,
and the book I Robot was much better than the movie made for Will Smith.
:rolleyes:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Hahaha, Maddox rules:

Maddox said:
Instead of running around beating women, children, and weaker men, the robots stood around baking cup cakes and talking about boys. It was like being in a candle store without a pipe bomb. Bad news.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
thanks for the review, i was going to rent it but i wish i had now.
my weekend movie reviews.

Napoleon Dynamite - Sucks
Collateral - eh no to shabby
The Terminal - By far the best of the three

J

JRB

narlus said:
how are people forced to watch movies in planes?

you know, there are things known as "books" and "magazines".
I'm sure Lisa has someone translating as we type. I don't know what she would do on a plane. :think:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i liked i, robot. like McGRP01 it was one of the better movies of 2004 imo.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
BurlyShirley said:
I liked how you just tried to steal from maddox and act like it was your idea.
haha true, he did write about that. But honestly, how could you not notice that. There were comercials all over the place like, "see the new audi in irobot" they even had it at the frigen car show...

edit: that web site isnt funny any more any way. :dead:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Toshi said:
i liked i, robot. like McGRP01 it was one of the better movies of 2004 imo.
? and you hated Million Dollar Baby?......

i robot was a fun sci-fi movie that's all.

i'm looking forward to Enders Game being made for film, i think that has the potential to be one of the strongest sci-fi flicks since the first Matrix.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
Skookum said:
? and you hated Million Dollar Baby?......

i robot was a fun sci-fi movie that's all.

i'm looking forward to Enders Game being made for film, i think that has the potential to be one of the strongest sci-fi flicks since the first Matrix.
Or the worst since the last two......... :p

Some things are better kept to books.