Quantcast

I rode my bike to work today!!!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Not impressive you say?? Well, I live 50 miles from work!! WooHoo. I am spectacular.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Yes, yes you are. :)

Of course there's that 50 mile bike ride home be we all know that a truly spectacular diva would NEVER have a prearranges ride back home. :)
Ya got me, I am not riding home.

I am not spectacular. :(

Disregard.

P.S. It was 32 degrees/freezing fog the whole way. Does that make it more spectacular??

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Awesome Diva!

I am most impressed!

My commute is only seven miles in the snow, but at least I ride home ;) :D

I can't imagine doing a century ride every day to work. Why the hell do you live so far?

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Awesome Diva!

I am most impressed!

My commute is only seven miles in the snow, but at least I ride home ;) :D

I can't imagine doing a century ride every day to work. Why the hell do you live so far?
Because where I live, I can ride my bike from my house and be on singletrack in 10 minutes. Unfortunately, where I live, there isn't much in my field so I'm a commuter.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Living near trails would be nice. That's one of the reasons I've become a roadie... it's so nice to be able to ride from home, whatever kind of riding you can get in.

Now if only I could get a solid winter bike and move some place that I can ski in, ski out :D

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I'm offended that you don't post in the roadie forum more often.
This is kind of a recent thing. I have always had a road bike, road it occasionally, but not regularly. I've been taking my road bike out 1-2 times a week since the new year. I've built up to 50 mile rides and am actually having lots of fun! And, it's a really good way to get in shape for MTBing.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'm calling hyperbole! I've lived and ridden in Colorado - there may be snow on the ground but the streets and walkways are usually cleared up fairly soon after a storm.
Times have changed since you lived here. You should've seen last year!

Pics below are from December, but happen 2-3 times a month in the winter. Today was so nasty that I had to hose down my bike before bringing it in the building :)

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
^^^^ OK. Fine. YOU can be the Diva. ^^^^
If LOP tries to steal my Diva thunder there will be a diva smack down of incredible magnitude. It's like the Highlander......There Can Be Only One! Where is the sword cutting off smiley head smiley when we need it???

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
If LOP tries to steal my Diva thunder there will be a diva smack down of incredible magnitude. It's like the Highlander......There Can Be Only One! Where is the sword cutting off smiley head smiley when we need it???
Can we just have a pillow fight instead?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You have inspired me to get off my duff and commute by bike tomorrow. I don't live 50 miles, but my bike is 48 pounds and I will ride it 9 miles, so it's kind of the same thing.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Cool. A newbie. :pirate2:

It was 32 degrees - the freezing point of H2O. This air temperature often indicates low humidity which, when combined DHDiva's mad wicking & fashionable cycling attire, allowed her to arrive at work as if she just stepped out of the salon.
Yes, but Diva is special.

If the newbie is anything like me, he'll arrive to work sweaty, eventho it's 15°F.

If the newb's looking for info... I don't have a shower, I do a quick clean up in the bathroom sink, deordorant and a change of clothes. It's not as bad as one might think.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yes, but Diva is special.

If the newbie is anything like me, he'll arrive to work sweaty, eventho it's 15°F.

If the newb's looking for info... I don't have a shower, I do a quick clean up in the bathroom sink, deordorant and a change of clothes. It's not as bad as one might think.
Unless you're the guy at the urinal...

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
The annoying part of todays ride was that when I left home, it was 39 degrees, morning clouds had burned off, and it was gorgeous. About 15 miles in, I hit a bank of fog and the temp dropped drastically. The fog never went away so by the time I got to work it was 32! So I got sweaty to start with, but then got cold and covered in fog moisture! I was stank when I got to work.

OK. Point taken. I'll stop hitting on you now.
What, you afraid of a little snot? Unfortunately, the bike riding female can't be perfect all the time. Snot is a part of life in the winter.