Quantcast

I rode my bike today

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
And yesterday. Did Sprain Yesterday, Blue today with No One In Particular. We'd planned Blue on Friday, Miller's Pond Saturday, Vietnam Sunday, but weather made a mess of that.

I woke up on Friday to the view out looking like this:

So we didn't ride, and I played Perfect Dark all day.

Saturday was better.

HAB's eye view of waiting for NOIP in the Whitney Point HS parking lot.

Got to Sprain, and it was hot. 96 degrees and 95% humidity. I took my gloves and pads off almost immediately in an effort to cool off. Then it started raining lightly. Within 2 minutes I was doing this:

This turned out to be a poor idea, because nobody rides that line apparently, and as it turns out, wet leaves are slippery. I went down on the landing.

I decided I aught to at least wear gloves, so I put them back on, cleared the landing off and tried again. This went better.

I tried to take a picture of NOIP dropping off something but mostly just got the rain drop that fell on my lens.

I jumped off some more stuff.

I found a tree to ride on.

^
|
GIF

Indian food, some tasty beverages back at the hotel, and we called it a day.

Pics from Blue to follow.

Last edited:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
To bad about the rain - one of the best bits of the PNW is the ability to ride in the rain without ef'ing up trails and having 6 lbs of mud stuck to your frame.
Yeah, it's more of an issue here. We still had a good weekend though.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Blue is fun.

These are all GIFs. Click 'em.

NOIP on some rocks.

I had to have a go too.

Got a couple more I'll put together tomorrow.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Your "I rode my bike today" thread > my "I rode my bike today" thread.

ecsnsmb

Chimp
Jun 10, 2008
NJ
Good eye. '96 850 wagon, 192k.
Ahh very nice, I just got shafted on a trade-in deal with my '95 850 @ only 100k. They offered me squat for it. I picked up an '06 V50 T5 AWD with a 6spd manual though and it rocks. Nice gifz though.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Ahh very nice, I just got shafted on a trade-in deal with my '95 850 @ only 100k. They offered me squat for it. I picked up an '06 V50 T5 AWD with a 6spd manual though and it rocks. Nice gifz though.
How is the V50? My 850 needs to be replaced by the end of September because it's going to cost me ~5x the KBB value of the car to make it pass inspection. The V50 is on the list, also looking at a V70, Outback, A4, maybe even a 328. Manual very much preferred.