Quantcast

I saw Napoleon Dynamite...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
...and it was stupid.

I dont mean 'Freddy Got Fingered' stupid or 'Starship Troopers Stupid' where its actually really amazing. I just mean it sucked. About the only cool part was where it showed Kim Basinger getting naked by the pool while that tonsil thing caught on fired and the germans got real mad. Other than that it sucked.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ridemonkey said:
It's definately a thinking mans comedy.
yeah, thats just the same as saying "You just didnt get it" when in fact i just didnt really like it.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
BurlyShirley said:
...and it was stupid.

I dont mean 'Freddy Got Fingered' stupid or 'Starship Troopers Stupid' where its actually really amazing. I just mean it sucked. About the only cool part was where it showed Kim Basinger getting naked by the pool while that tonsil thing caught on fired and the germans got real mad. Other than that it sucked.
Sorry, can't say I've seen that version.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I liked it because it had so many things that reminded me of my childhood. The outfits they wore and phrases they used plus the unforgettable scene where Napoleon and Pedro talk about Pedro's sweet sledgehammer and then proceed to jump it. When Napoleon says "Dude, you got like 3' of air that time" I nearly pissed my self. I probably said those exact words at least 1000 times as kid under the exact same circumstances.

Unlce Rico reminds me so much of a guy I know that it was scary. Napoleons brother was so awesome I couldn't stand it. "You're just jealous because I spent like 3 hours chatting online with babes today"...

Napoleon Dynamite = 8.5/10 :thumb:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ridemonkey said:
Does this mean you aren't ignoring my taunts in 2005?
You were just trying to get me to say something back so you could ban me. I feel we've moved beyond that in our relationship.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley = the only person that makes my crappy outlook on life seem optimistic

Thanks BS

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
BurlyShirley said:
About the only cool part was where it showed Kim Basinger getting naked by the pool while that tonsil thing caught on fired and the germans got real mad.
when was that part in Napoleon Dynamite, again? I mean, i've seen the movie like 5 times and have yet to remember that part...

J

JRB

BS is making stuff up to hide the fact that he is just like Napoleon Dynamite, except not as cool.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BS didn't like it cause that Rex Kwon Do dude is so much like him.

"Take a look at what I'm wearing, people. You think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

vallEbikes

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
amherst mass
manziman said:
when was that part in Napoleon Dynamite, again? I mean, i've seen the movie like 5 times and have yet to remember that part...
ive seen it six times and have to say the same
by the way it kicked arse

Dec 6, 2004
Santa cruz Mountains
BurlyShirley said:
...and it was stupid.

"Gaahhhd..... Idiot..." I don't remember anybody getting naked in the movie also... I bought it and watched it 5 times..

I wish i had a sledghammer
"Shocks... pegs.... Lucky..."

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
caputo1989 said:
Im sorry,
why did you see it in the first place. You should have gone to Meet the Fockers.
Dear god man, have you a brain? That was one of the WORST movies I've seen for a very very long time. Almost as bad as that Unfortunate Events movie...which I saw the same night.

Napoleon Dynamite=Ten times funnier than Meet the Fockers...

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
xbluethunderx said:
Dear god man, have you a brain? That was one of the WORST movies I've seen for a very very long time. Almost as bad as that Unfortunate Events movie...which I saw the same night.

Napoleon Dynamite=Ten times funnier than Meet the Fockers...
You went to see A Series Of Unfortunate Events?

What could posess you to do that? :confused:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
.:Jeenyus:. said:
You went to see A Series Of Unfortunate Events?

What could posess you to do that? :confused:
A) I was doing a review for a newspaper

B) My girlfriend works at a movie theater, I get in free :thumb:

Needless to say, it was boring as all hell.

DHGH

Chimp
Aug 31, 2004
My friend dragged me to see Napoleon Dynatmite at the $2 theater. I had to borrow a dollar from him since I only had one single on me. After the movie I demanded he give me the other dollar too. I want that hour and a half of my life back - I fell asleep 3 times during that movie, even with a screaming baby behind me. He will never ever be forgiven for dragging me to that waste of film.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I'll admit I didn't like it very much either. IMHO, if I want quick laughs I can always watch stand-up. It was pretty original, but I prefer more substance and character development in a movie. Unless you're getting high (not saying that's a good or bad thing) I don't think there's any reason to think delve into deep thought about the film.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
anyone over 18 like napoleon dynamite, besides sean? :D

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Toshi said:
Yah, I'm 35 and I liked it. But emotionally, I'm prolly about 17.

I found the characters believable and the storyline was sweet (like sappy and nice). It didn't crack me up much. I've been around enough social retards in my life to like a story where the loser dipwad, and his sincere ethnically out-of-place friend, and their awkward female friend, and even the dipwad's twisted brother and uncle. . . all get a happy ending (w/out having to pay the massage girl extra either).

So, yah, another happy fan. I heard they only spent $400,000. I'm willing to put up w/a little extra background music and funky rural scenery.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Toshi said:
Yup, right here! I'm 36 and loved it. The wife (who's 29) liked it so much she went out and bought it the next day.

I think I may watch it again tonight.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
pixelninja said:
Yup, right here! I'm 36 and loved it. The wife (who's 29) liked it so much she went out and bought it the next day.

I think I may watch it again tonight.
I'm 28 and Sq-earl is 32 and we both loved it :thumb: One of our over-watched DVDs currently (great for the trainer).

flatulant_man

Monkey
Jun 19, 2004
Food Fondlers' Convention
Fathead said:
So, yah, another happy fan. I heard they only spent $400,000. I'm willing to put up w/a little extra background music and funky rural scenery.
yeah, i think it was one of those sundance film festival films. low budget, strange overall, thats how it goes in that festival. so far as i know. never been...

but i liked it. a lot. my mom was a parapro (special-person's-assistant) for a kid much like napolean in a middle school. i spent quite a bit of time around this kid, and it was nice to see a film with a kid like the one i knew getting a happy ending.

plus i thought it was hilarious. maybe i'm just immature :)

D

d-sop

his whole personality and the bro's lisp (or watever u call it, speech impediment) make it like apart from the rest. very funny. xcept the weird part was how they kept skipping around like the scenes. w/e.