Quantcast

I saw Prince last night and it was a big disappoinment

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Originally posted by Curiouscaptian01
I normally listein to some good stuff like Ill Mitch, Mortal Combat, The Streets, Face to Face, PennyWise, Ten Foot Pole, Flip Nixon, Yellow Card, Zebrahead, Dizzze Rascal, The Faint, and tons more...
I love how people who LOVE this kind of "music" revel in rattling off the obscure band names to show how 'CORE they are.

And say what you will about Prince. I'm not the biggest fan of his music, or his whole little persona, but he's one talented SOB. Ya know....that is if you like people that can actually sing and play instruments.

And really, nothing good has come out in the last few years. Blink 182? The White Stripes? and that single chord song "Are you gonna be my girl" song they keep flogging?

And furthermore Why is it that in songs, if you have the line "4, 5, 6", the only thing that seems to rhyme with that is "Come on and get you kicks"?

AND if you are being told to wave your hands in the air, you HAVE to wave them like you just don't care? What does that mean???? Shouldn't you wave them like you DO care? Otherwise you're just kinda lookin' around, not payin attnetion. Maybe one arm goes up above you head for a second. You stop....tie you shoe. Another arm goes up, flails a bit....

I just LOVE cliché lyrics...

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by pnj
I think this is just you, getting old. it happens to alot of people.

music has always sucked or not, depending on how you look at it. the ****ty bands that are popular today are just as ****ty as the ones that were popular 20 or 30 or 50 years ago.

when your young, you can find a band or style of music you can relate to. your parents don't relate to it, the older people don't relate to it, but you and your friends do. then you get old.....

there are plenty of great bands out there. especially if you like rock style music. I can't speek about other kinds of music...(you know, 'cause they suck.:))

you just keep looking for that sound from your youth.
Well my point was...I went to a concert to see someone I like and it sucked...you can get into the this music sucks that music rocks debate all you want...it's never gonna come out in anyones favor and who cares what who listens to or likes...in fact...I'm thinking I might have to pull my rum raisin ice cream theory out here....let's say I really really like rum raisin ice cream and you really hate it...are you gonna get THIS involved in a conversation over it? Do you really care what kinda ice cream I like? Probably not...I was simply sharing my experience...I could really care less if you or anyone else like the bands I like or what you think of what I'm looking for in music...I was disappointed with the show and wish I had my money back...:(

Now...do you have anymore good grilling recipes to share?

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
Originally posted by MMike
I love how people who LOVE this kind of "music" revel in rattling off the obscure band names to show how 'CORE they are.

Oh thanks man I have always known I was CORE, but I think I am ready to step it up to gnarCORE soon.

Thanks for the help.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)

And say what you will about Prince. I'm not the biggest fan of his music, or his whole little persona, but he's one talented SOB. Ya know....that is if you like people that can actually sing and play instruments.

And really, nothing good has come out in the last few years. Blink 182? The White Stripes? and that single chord song "Are you gonna be my girl" song they keep flogging?

And furthermore Why is it that in songs, if you have the line "4, 5, 6", the only thing that seems to rhyme with that is "Come on and get you kicks"?

AND if you are being told to wave your hands in the air, you HAVE to wave them like you just don't care? What does that mean???? Shouldn't you wave them like you DO care? Otherwise you're just kinda lookin' around, not payin attnetion. Maybe one arm goes up above you head for a second. You stop....tie you shoe. Another arm goes up, flails a bit....

HAHAHA! Classic...that whole post was on target AND witty..

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by dh girlie
Well my point was...I went to a concert to see someone I like and it sucked...you can get into the this music sucks that music rocks debate all you want...it's never gonna come out in anyones favor and who cares what who listens to or likes...in fact...I'm thinking I might have to pull my rum raisin ice cream theory out here....let's say I really really like rum raisin ice cream and you really hate it...are you gonna get THIS involved in a conversation over it? Do you really care what kinda ice cream I like? Probably not...I was simply sharing my experience...I could really care less if you or anyone else like the bands I like or what you think of what I'm looking for in music...I was disappointed with the show and wish I had my money back...:(

Now...do you have anymore good grilling recipes to share?

god, raisin ice cream? girl you got issues, asides from the crap music you listen to. (I know you have SOME good musical tastes)

;):devil:

good grillin storys? uh, no but have you seen my BBQ pit? soo sweet.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by pnj
god, raisin ice cream? girl you got issues, asides from the crap music you listen to. (I know you have SOME good musical tastes)

;):devil:

good grillin storys? uh, no but have you seen my BBQ pit? soo sweet.
Well I was just trying to drum up the worst possible ice cream flavor...I really don't like rum raisin...raisin in anything is just gross...I prefer blue bubble gum...

I don't know if I've seen the bbq pit? have you posted a pic?

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle

most lyrics are pretty dumb.:rolleyes:

but if your only new music experience comes from MTV or the radio your not going to hear alot of different music.

that crap is hand fed to you, turn it off. unless you like it, then listen to it and listen to me talk **** about it...:D

:devil:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Well I was just trying to drum up the worst possible ice cream flavor...I really don't like rum raisin...raisin in anything is just gross...I prefer blue bubble gum...

I don't know if I've seen the bbq pit? have you posted a pic?
I can always repost it. :D

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Very cool...you built that? wheres the propane tank go? :p
came w/ our house. I cleaned out about 50 pounds of dead rotting leaves and stuff. no gas, just coals. perfect for slow cooking but most of the stuff I cook requires higher heat so I raised the bottom w/ some metal stuff.

I now have 3 grills. one propane, one Weber and this beast. :)

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by pnj
came w/ our house. I cleaned out about 50 pounds of dead rotting leaves and stuff. no gas, just coals. perfect for slow cooking but most of the stuff I cook requires higher heat so I raised the bottom w/ some metal stuff.

I now have 3 grills. one propane, one Weber and this beast. :)
Man...you really take grilling seriously...do you keep a blow torch handy in case you're out of propane and coals...

J

JRB

I saw Prince a few years ago and it wasn't so bad. He of course still didn't have a name and I was really drunk. I bought Julie the new Prince cd on Sunday. It is not nearly as good as the Rob Zombie, Suicidal Tendancies, or Seven Mary Three cds are. They are all old and are better. Prince does it for a lot of folks though, particularly middle aged gay men (I'll bet that was a site to behold in San Fran, since it was in San Antonio) and 300 pound black women. Which category do you fit in girlie?

*this is meant to offend no one. Just a generalization used to screw with lady sausage fest. :)

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Man...you really take grilling seriously...do you keep a blow torch handy in case you're out of propane and coals...
I do have a torch.....

I just happen to have three grills. I actually didn't buy any of them myself asides from the one that came w/ our house.

the gas one was a wedding present and someone gave me the weber because they replaced their grill. I inturn gave my old grill to a friend.

the weber will probably get a new home soon as it's old an I don't really need it.

I do take BBQing and grilling seriously though. :)

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by loco-gringo
I saw Prince a few years ago and it wasn't so bad. He of course still didn't have a name and I was really drunk. I bought Julie the new Prince cd on Sunday. It is not nearly as good as the Rob Zombie, Suicidal Tendancies, or Seven Mary Three cds are. They are all old and are better. Prince does it for a lot of folks though, particularly middle aged gay men (I'll bet that was a site to behold in San Fran, since it was in San Antonio) and 300 pound black women. Which category do you fit in girlie?

*this is meant to offend no one. Just a generalization used to screw with lady sausage fest. :)
neither...but there were a lot of both at the show...they handed out the cd at the show to everyone...musicology I think it's called? Suicidal has a new one? Rob Zombie has a new one?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Crowd was weird too...someone needs to tell the 250 lb heffers to not try and wear the same type of tight clingy clothing britney spears wears...it doesn't work if you're over 105 lbs ladies! And the low rise jeans...no one wants to see your fat ass encased like a sausage in a pair of too small jeans with your fat gut hanging over the edge...just disgusting...even the thin women that wear too tight jeans and create a bulge over the waistline...damn...no one sees the size tag on your pants, so wear your SIZE!
That's the funniest $hit i've ever heard....party slut gut up front and bacon back in the rear. I complain at least once a day about this exact same thing! In SC all the "ladies" wear their pants like 5 sizes too small, I have nearly barfed a few times (not kidding) This one chic had the fattest stretch marked double but cheek gut hanging way over her white studded belt and I swear to god I nearly lost it right there. How can a size 12 girl wear size 5 pants??????? The sausage casing analogy had me on the floor.:D Too bad your concert sucked, probably cuz prince is a fruit loop...I am however jealous of your BFD tickets. I just hate festivals soooo much I can't bring myself to go. (guaranteed bacon back extravaganza)

J

JRB

neither...but there were a lot of both at the show...they handed out the cd at the show to everyone...musicology I think it's called? Suicidal has a new one? Rob Zombie has a new one?
musicology - yes

ST and Rob Zombie - both old

Seven Mary Three - also from the mid 90s

I don't like much new music. I do need to get the new Descendents though. I have heard some tracks on XM and they are cool.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I think a lot of people hang onto the old bands they used to listen to cuz there isn't anything new coming out that is worth a crap...since I'm sick of all my cd's and haven't bought anything new...and the radio sucks...I just drive in silence these days...music is in a sad sad state right now...

Music is in a sad state, at least "pop" music. In the past their has always been good music mixed in with pop culture, now it seems to find good music you need to dig much (or sometimes only a little) deeper. I have found some stuff I really like, what genres generally do you listen to? If you want to get rocked try "The Mars Volta, DeLoused at the Comatorium or "Thursday, War All The Time" or "Coheed&Cambria, IN KEEPING SECRETS OF SILENT EARTH: 3". If you like melodies and super cool relaxing beats check out "Chin up, Chin up" or "Pinback" all of their stuff is really good, their lateset is called "-offcell". An oldie but goody of course is "Built To Spill". There are really so many, give me a clue, I'll help you find something you like.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Originally posted by punkassean
Music is in a sad state, at least "pop" music.

it's always been in a sad state. your just getting old, like your parents.:p

there have never been more people making music then there is right now. and it has never been easier to record and distribute music then right now.

so if your not finding music that you like, your looking in the wrong places.

Jan 15, 2002
Suburban MA, USA
Originally posted by Curiouscaptian01
no sorry to disappoint you again... I fackin hate Good Charlotte, and all of those kinds of bands. I normally listein to some good stuff like Ill Mitch, Mortal Combat, The Streets, Face to Face, PennyWise, Ten Foot Pole, Flip Nixon, Yellow Card, Zebrahead, Dizzze Rascal, The Faint, and tons more...
Damn I'm old! I didn't recognize the names of any of those bands. They are bands, right ;)

13 yr olds and Prince? Who the hell was listening to Price back in the day but 13 yr olds? His old raunchy stuff was excellent though, I gotta admit. Good stuff!

-Couch

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by CouchingTiger
Damn I'm old! I didn't recognize the names of any of those bands. They are bands, right ;)

13 yr olds and Prince? Who the hell was listening to Price back in the day but 13 yr olds? His old raunchy stuff was excellent though, I gotta admit. Good stuff!

-Couch
Prince was big 20 years ago.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma

-Couch
No chit... I didnt recognise them either, not a single one. I got a 10 spot that says they all (or most) sound like a bad combination of Blink 182 and Green Day (not that any combination of those two bands could possibly be good).

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England

-Couch
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
No chit... I didnt recognise them either, not a single one. I got a 10 spot that says they all (or most) sound like a bad combination of Blink 182 and Green Day (not that any combination of those two bands could possibly be good).
The Streets are quite good. I can't vouch for the rest though.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by punkassean
That's the funniest $hit i've ever heard....party slut gut up front and bacon back in the rear. I complain at least once a day about this exact same thing! In SC all the "ladies" wear their pants like 5 sizes too small, I have nearly barfed a few times (not kidding) This one chic had the fattest stretch marked double but cheek gut hanging way over her white studded belt and I swear to god I nearly lost it right there. How can a size 12 girl wear size 5 pants??????? The sausage casing analogy had me on the floor.:D Too bad your concert sucked, probably cuz prince is a fruit loop...I am however jealous of your BFD tickets. I just hate festivals soooo much I can't bring myself to go. (guaranteed bacon back extravaganza)
Why thank you....I was wondering if anyone was going to comment on that...call me self centered but I found it quite funny myself...hahaha...

Yeah...I'm going to see Mix a Lot Sunday night so that better be good...and the Beastie better not have any of that bait and switch trickery up their sleeves for BFD...

I can't stand the festival shows anymore myself...but I heard that Ozzfest is going to have Black Sabbath, Judas Priest with Rob Halford and Slayer...I might go look for tickets after work to see just those three...ozzfest attracts the WORST crowds...Joe Dirt types all over the place...if I go after work I get the best of both worlds...BS, (saw them a few years ago at an ozzfest and they kicked some SERIOUS ass), JP and Slayer....then all the butt rocker dudes should be nice and wasted by then after sitting in the sun drinking beer all day :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
You haven't heard of Zebrahead, Face to Face or Pennywise??? I have to sayI haven't heard of the others, but those I thought were pretty well known...course maybe that's cuz I've attended a Warped tour or five...

At one of the Warped tours...Ice T played...it was in 2000 and he said...my name is no longer Ice T...for the millenium its Ice mother phucken T bitch...classic...then I go over to the other stage to see Zebrahead...the guys all...our name is no longer Zebrahead...for the millenium its zebra mother phucken head bitch...HAHAHA!:D