Quantcast

I saw some new DH bikes get on a UPS truck today

waterdogs

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Upstate SC
Nothing new here. Specialized is probably finalizing the designs for the 2013 demo about now. February of 2010 the 2012 demo designs were finalized.
Did 10 years in the auto industry..... they are on the five year plan, on a good day (or year) with no major hick ups. Keep in mind they have A LOT more people and a lot more money to through into development. I would also imagine change control in the bike industry doesn't compare to change control in the auto industry.... man, the crap we through sometimes.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Kntr, perhaps you have a bad tire, I have a demo 951 here with 2.5, no rubbing. And my wifes M9 has a 2.5 on rear now with plenty of room (both in G3.a).
Bad tire.. hahaha. Thats a good one. ;)

Ive tried Maxxis 2.5 High Roller, Maxxis 2.5 DHF, and Schwalbe 2.35 DH. All would rub once in a while and only cleared by 2-3mm.

Since you read all the forums, maybe you should pay attention to what people are complaining about. Most everyone with a 951 is having rubbing issues in the short setting. Some guys are going to the extent of bending the cross brace. Yes, bending the brace with a piece of wood and a hammer!! Now people are experiencing the headtubes being faced incorrectly. I am one of those people and deinatley not the only. You guys build great bikes, but there are always little things wrong with them. Im not bashing. Im just stating facts. I love Intense and will probably always own one.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
aren't those two mutally exclusive statements?

nope. talk to anyone who's owned a vintage european sportscar...quirky, sometimes problematic in weird ways, but unique.

as an intense owner i understand the mix of love/hate Kntr is expressing here. when I bought mine 3 yrs ago, i had the shop remove the rear and check for misalignment before sending it to me.

there can be long, long threads on the forums devoted to a particular Intense issue (like the ones Kntr mentioned), but when you bring those problems up with Intense the reaction is usually 'wow that's the first time we've heard that complaint'. i'm not sure where the disconnect arises.

anyway, nice looking bike. :thumb:

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
No, it means the seat tube is going to be so thin that you can see the top tube on the inside of it from weld over penetration.

Believe me, I wish I was joking, but I have seen it on multiple models, multiple times. (talking 5 or 6)
Generally it's a good thing to get full penetration on a weld, especially with relatively thin tubes. At worst, they would need to ream the inside of the seat tube, post-weld.

The ones you should be worried about are when you don't see full penetration.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Any updates on the factory team? Will Kovarik be on it? Him, Claire and Matti would be a perfect squad IMO
Working hard on it. Hard as hell to be a bit smaller than the big guys and put forth a big effort, but we will figure something out.

I think it's safe to say Kovarik will be on Intense bikes. As he said to me at the worlds "mate, I am just psyched on the M9, best bike I have ever ridden and I don't want to help develop another bike from scratch…especially when I found perfection"
ohhhhhh yes.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I'm hoping we'll see Jill Kintner on Intense again. She's been a champion in everything she's done so far, I bet it'll be the same with DH.

Lifer

Chimp
Apr 14, 2005
Houston, TX
Mr. Stik,
Any chance of a fender @ some point? Seems like that might help keep shocks out of the shop, and I really don't want to hang some fugly shade tree monstrosity on such a beautiful beast. BTW, I'd be happy to test a proto for ya-my raw med. should be shipping to Go Ride next month;)

TrailzHozer

Monkey
Jan 29, 2010
Think FRO stands for "Frame Really Outofalignment"

just kidding, I really love the looks of the new bikes. only wish I could afford one :(

Last edited:

a-rod

Chimp
Sep 28, 2010
Lancaster, CA
Working hard on it. Hard as hell to be a bit smaller than the big guys and put forth a big effort, but we will figure something out.

I think it's safe to say Kovarik will be on Intense bikes. As he said to me at the worlds "mate, I am just psyched on the M9, best bike I have ever ridden and I don't want to help develop another bike from scratch…especially when I found perfection"
ohhhhhh yes.
Wow, that's soooo cool to hear! It just wouldn't be Kovarik if he wasn't on Intense! Hope to see you guys on the top of the WC podium!

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Hey stick,hows the warehouse looking ???? eny frames in there,ordered mine :)

Wondering how much wait time im looking at,thanks man.